Conceal & Carry Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RomeosTune

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

New member here. Maybe I should have introduced myself in the welcome forum. Well, this will have to do. lol

I'm in Tulsa, Oklahoma by the way.

So I have just recently applied for my license. Should be no problems. It was the 2nd week in February when I did the online application on the OSBI's website. I went to the Sheriff's office in Tulsa on the 19th and completed the finger printing and everything. After 30 days I received an email from The OSBI saying they haven't received my app. So, I called them and they told me basically to check back the next week. Being nice, I didn't call them again for 2 weeks but today I hear that they still haven't received it so it's been 2 days shy of a month now. I suppose I'll call the Sheriff's office tomorrow and see what the deal is.

Anyone else in the Tulsa / Oklahoma area had this issue and is it normal?

Thanks so much!!

daddyof3_101

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. When I applied several years ago my wait was right at 90 days. I know it is taking less time recently. Maybe a recent applicant can shed a little more light into current wait times.

I was there for post #12

RomeosTune

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks as if something was a miss. After talking with the sheriff's and then the osbi again it was somehow found there today. Now the wait begins. They say 45 to 60 days from today. Bummer.

Thanks for the welcome dof3!

Welcome to the forums. When I applied several years ago my wait was right at 90 days. I know it is taking less time recently. Maybe a recent applicant can shed a little more light into current wait times.

I was there for post #12

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just to be sure. where did you take your course? you got your Certificate of
Achievement' from the course, right? and turned in 1) your application via online and 2) your Certificate of Achievement at the sherriff's office right?

scottb42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might be surprised at how quickly they turn this around. I turned in my paper app (and did fingerprints) at the OK County sheriff station at QS mall on 11/25/13, and my license was printed on 12/28/13.

RomeosTune

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took the course at Tulsa Firearms. Yes, got the certificate and all. Mine is actually a renewal that I let expire for just over 3 years so I didn't have to take the course again or provide a certificate however...... I found out that the osbi sent it back to the sheriff's because of no certificate. Someone messed up. The Sheriff's sent it back to them and they just received it today they say. So, all is good. Just be longer than it should have been. Maybe they'll hurry, I was nice while inquiring. Everyone makes mistakes.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took the course at Tulsa Firearms. Yes, got the certificate and all. Mine is actually a renewal that I let expire for just over 3 years so I didn't have to take the course again or provide a certificate however...... I found out that the osbi sent it back to the sheriff's because of no certificate. Someone messed up. The Sheriff's sent it back to them and they just received it today they say. So, all is good. Just be longer than it should have been. Maybe they'll hurry, I was nice while inquiring. Everyone makes mistakes.

The just over 3 years will likely cause you a problem.

Title 21 said:
A license may be renewed any time within ninety (90) days prior to the expiration date as provided in this subsection. The Bureau shall send a renewal application to each eligible licensee with a return address requested. There shall be a thirty-day grace period on license renewals beginning on the date of expiration, thereafter the license is considered expired. However, any applicant shall have three (3) years from the expiration of the license to comply with the renewal requirements of this section.

Looks like after 3 years from the original expiration it may no longer be considered a renewal but a new application. Hopefully they will run it through for you but don't be surprised if they kick it back again due to no certificate.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, it's fine. The only problem was that someone there screwed up. It's already in process now after talking with them and receiving an email.
You did take the carry class from a CLEET approved instructor, as found on the OSBI website, correct? It is your responsibility to get the original class certificate from that instructor to the S.O. when you do your prints. its their job to forward the prints, certificate and local county/municipal check form (S.O. does this) to OSBI.

Latest posts

Top Bottom