Concealed carry at Frontier City?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hadn't thought of that...it's BRILLIANT! Now all I need is a Colt Navy revolver and uh....the rest of the entire outfit. And a nickname that incorporates an adjective such as "dusty".

In all seriousness, I think it's pretty low they would do this after people purchased season passes; presumably some fraction of those people enjoyed the fact that FC wasn't hostile to CCW. Now FC has their money, and "choosing to spend my money elsewhere" doesn't really work. I wonder what would happen if everyone with a CCW and a pass asked for their money back?

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that even legal? I can understand metal detectors at places that CCW is not allowed according to SDA like Schools, court houses, sporting events(paramutual betting), airports, ect....but I can't see it being legal outside of that. That would be like 7-eleven wanding you to go in......JMO

Private business, their choice and all. See above for my thoughts on season passes, though.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that even legal? I can understand metal detectors at places that CCW is not allowed according to SDA like Schools, court houses, sporting events(paramutual betting), airports, ect....but I can't see it being legal outside of that. That would be like 7-eleven wanding you to go in......JMO

There is no legality about metal detectors that I am aware of. If you want to install them at your house and screen visitors as they come in, I don't know of a law against it. YOU get to say who comes in your house (or business), armed or not.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
count me out as well, too many thugs go out there and it is outrageous what they charge now. When I was younger it was $20 to get in and parking was free, now they charge upwards of $50+ and charge for parking.

SigInBoots

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This seems to be new. No metal detectors last year, and none as recently as Mother's Day this. I took my children this past Sunday, though, and there were four free-standing metal detectors set up at the entrance between ticketing and scanning.

Frontier City provided a lesson in ignorance for my children. And with all of the creepy people that seem to hang out there, I'd prefer to carry. Kids and I had a nice discussion about fear and guns as we stood there waiting to pass through the scanners.

There should be a way around that nonsense. I'm so disappointed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom