Old Cemetery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a story about that. As soon as the azzhole dies, I'll tell it.
200.gif

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats an interesting question. When my mom passed, we had the funeral director tell us that there is a way to spread ones ashes across the ground on family land. If done according to the law and one uses the special spreader that is rented out and expensive, advolorem taxes are waived on that area forever.
It would take a ton of research to confirm that though. It's just what we were told.
We live in Osage county. There are lots of private cemeteries as all of Osage county is the Rez.
My family would never do it (well, my youngest son might), but I’ve told my family I want my ashes dumped in the Salt Fork.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My family would never do it (well, my youngest son might), but I’ve told my family I want my ashes dumped in the Salt Fork.
I'll throw in a few rifle shells as the current passes them past our Salt Fork place, or maybe an empty beer bottle and then shoot it. :rubhands:

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would they shoot you at ducks? there’s a place that loads your ashes into shotgun shells…

My dad said he always wanted to be buried in a very specific location. But that location sorta kinda definitely interfered with the legs of a great tree stand. So he isn’t buried there. He understands, haha. But when my dad died, my mom gave my brothers and me lil baby mini stainless steel urns (Like salt shaker sized) and a lined bankers box “full” of (probably? Maybe? Hopefully!) his ashes. We fill our urns up whenever they’re empty and then dump a bit out on every hunt. Or fishing trip or whatever.

ETA: I’d imagine you’ll find the answers you want with the info/help you’ve been given- but if you don’t, let me know.

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have watched too many of the ghost shows to ever think of doing that. They have more guts than me.

Yep. I'm a believer. I don't generally have dreams. Or if I do, I don't remember them. But right after my accident I had the most terrifying encounter I've ever had in my life. I'm not even remotely interested in having it again. But ... I do believe that there are spirits both good and bad here. And I firmly believe the bad ones mean us harm and the good ones are here to protect us. And I believe this because I have seen them both with my own eyes. Yep. I was wide awake during said encounter. 😳

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would they shoot you at ducks? there’s a place that loads your ashes into shotgun shells…

My dad said he always wanted to be buried in a very specific location. But that location sorta kinda definitely interfered with the legs of a great tree stand. So he isn’t buried there. He understands, haha. But when my dad died, my mom gave my brothers and me lil baby mini stainless steel urns (Like salt shaker sized) and a lined bankers box “full” of (probably? Maybe? Hopefully!) his ashes. We fill our urns up whenever they’re empty and then dump a bit out on every hunt. Or fishing trip or whatever.

ETA: I’d imagine you’ll find the answers you want with the info/help you’ve been given- but if you don’t, let me know.
In 2007 a close friend and hunting mentor got killed in a car wreck, and he had told his wife that he wanted his ashes loaded in shotgun shells and shot off the mountain at his elk camp in Montana. His family loaded and shot a few, but they ended up just dumping the rest. I will always miss Steve Borsa.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve been meaning to post this for a while. These gates and fencing are at the northeast corner of my house place and border the county road, and I had never taken time to wander around in there until a couple weeks ago. There doesn’t appear to be anything there, but to me, it looks like a fenced off area for an old graveyard.
I’m hesitant to contact anyone with the county and really don’t know who would know anything anyway.
This gate faces the county road, and the other faces north into the neighbor‘s pasture.
View attachment 420926
View attachment 420935
Check with the Indian nation there. There is one on one of my places that is a Indian Cemetery, looks a lot like it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom