Congress Passes Biden’s Destructive $1.2 TRILLION Infrastructure Spending Package With Help of 13 Republicans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of money in the bill and a lot will end up as waste, fraud and in smeone's pcket because there is little accountability and oversight.
I can only hope that the bill will have some good in it and be beneficial. Our roads, bridges etc needed replaced decades ago.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what is so bad about the bill? looking for details. From what I can see it has $7.5 bill for electric vehicle charging stations, $21 billion for the environment. Though I am wondering what they snuck into the bill that is bad?

Look y philosophy is Lets Go Brandon, F*ck Joe Biden. However what is good for America is good for all of us.
Less than half goes to actual infastructure. The rest is all liberal wish list. As for the charging station, okay, not build the nuclear power plants needed to run them. A little info on it.

"
The bill includes more than $110 billion to replace and repair roads, bridges and highways, and $66 billion to boost rail, making it the most substantial such investment in the country’s passenger and commercial network since the creation of Amtrak about half a century ago. Lawmakers provided $55 billion to improve the nation’s water supply and replace lead pipes, $60 billion to modernize the power grid and billions [note: $65 billion, according to this report] in additional sums to expand speedy Internet access nationwide.

These are the components that legitimately constitute infrastructure. Add them up and, if my math is correct, you account for only about one-fourth of the total amount being appropriated, and only a little more than half of the new spending ($550 billion)."

Range Plunker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
While infrastructure items are debatable, the real issue is how the money will be doled out. Hopefully, not like Obama's shovel ready projects, which meant only States and large cities benefitted. Also, with increasing inflation, the actual monies will buy less infrastructure. Ironically, when the Trump Administration tried to get monies for infrastructure, inflation was non-existant.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what is so bad about the bill? looking for details. From what I can see it has $7.5 bill for electric vehicle charging stations, $21 billion for the environment. Though I am wondering what they snuck into the bill that is bad?

Look y philosophy is Lets Go Brandon, F*ck Joe Biden. However what is good for America is good for all of us.
If electric cars are so good why do they need government programs for charging stations and tax credits. Besides, it doesn't help if our power grid isn't improved.

Attachments

• Resized_tempFileForShare_20211102-073842_96560960481443.jpeg
    Resized_tempFileForShare_20211102-073842_96560960481443.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 24

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I think the bigger picture here or least should be in your mind, is that we just spent trillions (for the first time in 2020) and not one year later they are spending more. This isn’t free, the money printing and astounding rate of spending has to be addressed. And now they are going to need to spend that money on highly inflated products (because they have caused the inflation spike with fiscal policy) The interest rate needs to be raised the world over, we cant live in this risk off position forever

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While infrastructure items are debatable, the real issue is how the money will be doled out. Hopefully, not like Obama's shovel ready projects, which meant only States and large cities benefitted. Also, with increasing inflation, the actual monies will buy less infrastructure. Ironically, when the Trump Administration tried to get monies for infrastructure, inflation was non-existant.
and Im pretty sure much of the same stuff included in the Trump era bill that the dims held up was the same stuff as this one -- we really don't need this as we can't find people to do the jobs we have now -- also they will demand that all these be union jobs --- our govt shouldn't be supporting union labor over non-union labor -- communism at its best.

Latest posts

Top Bottom