Constitutional Carry (SB 1212) on the OK House floor 4/23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every town for gun safety took out a full page ad in Thursdays Oklahoman telling Falling to veto sb1212. I wished the pro gun people would have gotten together and raised money for a full page ad in favor of sb1212

Just saw that as the top banner ad on the website and thought the same thing. Hammering away with every possible technology tool seems to be a good approach - don't miss an opportunity to be in front of the intended recipient. Reminds me that it's time for another round of e-mail and phone messaging.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very true. I’ve talked to and worked with an air force vet that trained marching with wood replicas of firearms. They only advanced to the real deal if going into a field that required weapons.
Technicians, avionics, etc just went on to tech school training from what I was told by a co-worker that was an AF vet.
Any AF vets on here to verify?

Everyone in the USAF qualifies with the M-16 in boot camp. After that, firearms training is very dependent on job specialty, unit of assignment, and “arming group”. Some qualify every 6 months, some every year, some every two years etc...

I was mostly a commo guy but received training on and carried/operated just about every common small arm in the inventory (M-16/M-4/GUU-5, M-203, M-9, M-60, M-240, 249, Mk46, M2, and shotguns) and also received professionally supervised familiarization with the Uzi (during a counter drug rotation in South America) and multiple AK platforms including the AKS-74U and RPK. None of that makes me more qualified or gives me more of a right to carry a pistol to Walmart on a Friday night without a permit than any other law abiding citizen.

It’s not service specific either. Every branch has troops that aren’t magically more qualified to conceal or open carry in a civilian environment than their civilian counterparts just by virtue of their service.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
During basic everyone had to qualify with the M-16.

Your career field does matter a difference During my time, everyone had to do yearly qualifications with the M-16. If you were in a “combat arms” category, qualifications were more frequent.

In my case, I started in the FD and only had to do yearly qualifications with the M-16. Later on I cross trained to the Security Police and things were different.

Twice a year on the M-16 and pistol and once a year on the M-60 and 203 greanade launcher. They sent us to Little Rock AFB one year and we got training on practice grenades and claymore mines. I was disappointed. I was ready to blow stuff up.
I don't see anything in there about pistols. I also don't see anything about the law of self-defense or about operation in a civilian environment, which is fundamentally different from a war zone.

Not that I don't think you're qualified, but that kind of training just isn't reflective of what the training "the rest of us" have to get is supposed to address. If "they've had training" is going to be the excuse, then the training needs to be meaningful with regard to the operational environment to be encountered.

DrewR

Marksman
Reaction score
NewsOK.com has both a banner and a pop up from Everytown/MDA urging people to contact Fallin and ask that she veto SB 1212. Between this and their own biased stories it is no wonder I refuse to watch local news programs.

Last edited:

DrewR

Marksman
Reaction score
My concern is that I have called the governor several times and spoken with the receptionist. Each time I introduce myself and give my location. I then tell her that I am asking the governor to sign SB 1212. After which the receptionist says, "Okay, I will let her know." But how do we know these calls are actually being tallied. She doesn’t ask for the correct spelling of my last name nor a phone number.

RagdollOp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So here is something entertaining. I saw online where some Everytown/MDA activists were using an SJW bot service called https://resist.bot/ to send out faxes and emails. After looking it over I found out that it is supported with donations to cover the cost of the faxes and other expenses. I decided that I would just use it to send faxes and use their donations for our agenda. :thumbup3:

Warning: I had to use it through my phone with text messaging so it will have your name, address, and phone number, but its really not any info you can't find online anyways.

But I have sent 2 faxes (1 per day) to Gov. Fallin so far and also used up some of the left's donations. It was worth it to me!

Oh, and to use it with your phone just text RESIST to 50409 and it will prompt you what to do.

Last edited:

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So here is something entertaining. I saw online where some Everytown/MDA activists were using an SJW bot service called https://resist.bot/ to send out faxes and emails. After looking it over I found out that it is supported with donations to cover the cost of the faxes and other expenses. I decided that I would just use it to send faxes and use their donations for our agenda. :thumbup3:

Warning: I had to use it through my phone with text messaging so it will have your name, address, and phone number, but its really not any info you can't find online anyways.

But I have sent 2 faxes (1 per day) to Gov. Fallin so far and also used up some of the left's donations. It was worth it to me!

Oh, and to use it with your phone just text RESIST to 50409 and it will prompt you what to do.
Time for a burner phone!

Latest posts

Top Bottom