Constitutional Carry (SB 1212) on the OK House floor 4/23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagdollOp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the script that the NRA created to send emails if anyone needs something to help them get started.
------------------------------------------>

The Honorable Mary Fallin
Oklahoma State Capitol
2300 North Lincoln Boulevard, Room 212
Oklahoma City, OK 73105

Dear Governor Fallin

As an Oklahoma resident, I respectfully urge you to sign Senate Bill 1212 into law.

Senate Bill 1212, as amended, would recognize the rights of law-abiding Oklahoma residents to carry a firearm for self-defense without having to first obtain a government mandated license to do so.

Again, as a fellow Oklahoma resident, I urge you to sign Senate Bill 1212 into law.

Sincerely,

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My concern is that I have called the governor several times and spoken with the receptionist. Each time I introduce myself and give my location. I then tell her that I am asking the governor to sign SB 1212. After which the receptionist says, "Okay, I will let her know." But how do we know these calls are actually being tallied. She doesn’t ask for the correct spelling of my last name nor a phone number.
My guess is they're just checking a box, pro or con.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I can say it the times I've called they didn't seem to have any interest or be taking time to record anything other that pro or con.

I got the same feeling. I started sending emails also. It makes me feel a little better that at least there is a record of my request being ignored.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I don't see anything in there about pistols. I also don't see anything about the law of self-defense or about operation in a civilian environment, which is fundamentally different from a war zone.

Not that I don't think you're qualified, but that kind of training just isn't reflective of what the training "the rest of us" have to get is supposed to address. If "they've had training" is going to be the excuse, then the training needs to be meaningful with regard to the operational environment to be encountered.

I don't think @Fyrtwuck was saying he was inherently qualified due to his service. If you look at the post he was quoting, he was merely relaying his actual experience in the AF. Like @SMS did in his post. I could be wrong, I just read it as "we did actually train with real firearms." As opposed to replicas mentioned in the post he quoted.

That said, I agree with your post 100%. Even LE is trained to carry a gun in a different manner than civvy carry. Although it is *more* relevant than .mil training.

Latest posts

Top Bottom