Constitutional Carry (SB 1212) on the OK House floor 4/23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, thats not the truth. The legislators CAN call themselves back in session to address any veto. I got that info from on of the members on 1520 talk radio. The Chad Alexander show constantly covers this stuff as it plays out. Might want to listen from 3-6 pm. Good show.

Oh, see I can't do talk radio. It drives me NUTS. So, you guys will have to keep me on the straight and narrow. That's why I always try to disclaim what I say in these threads. I'm not a legislative aide or expert, the people I run with are not either, so we are all going by what we hear on the news. (Yeah, I know ...) One of us in the conversation last night was "almost positive" they'd heard that only the governor can call special session. Truth is I think I heard a political pundit say it on the news in an interview last fall, too. But ... ehhh ... I've slept since then, too and can't tell you if I even ate dinner last night ... so ... lol

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Oh, see I can't do talk radio. It drives me NUTS. So, you guys will have to keep me on the straight and narrow. That's why I always try to disclaim what I say in these threads. I'm not a legislative aide or expert, the people I run with are not either, so we are all going by what we hear on the news. (Yeah, I know ...) One of us in the conversation last night was "almost positive" they'd heard that only the governor can call special session. Truth is I think I heard a political pundit say it on the news in an interview last fall, too. But ... ehhh ... I've slept since then, too and can't tell you if I even ate dinner last night ... so ... lol
I dont get this stuff from the news. This talk radio show is more about talking to the people involved in the news rather than reporting it. Chad is a very active political nerd and he's at the capitol every day durring session (he's also a lobbyist) so he's got lots of good info.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was passed with the emergency clause, which allows the Legislature to choose the effective date. They chose 1 November.

I've read that the emergency clause also has an effect on veto overrides, and possibly other effects as well. Who knows what they were thinking?

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was passed with the emergency clause, which allows the Legislature to choose the effective date. They chose 1 November.

I've read that the emergency clause also has an effect on veto overrides, and possibly other effects as well. Who knows what they were thinking?

I thought it had a clause on it. But if they stuck with the original date then why? Argg, it makes no sense.... :explode:

Or did the clause not pass because it wasn't voted on by the House?

MosinMann

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I don't see an emergency clause on the bill. Please provide a source, so we can nip the confusion in the bud.

Latest posts

Top Bottom