Convincing someone that they need to CC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoDayWithout

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You SHOULD NEVER try to convince someone to carry, who shows no real interest.
Before you decide to hit reply and go all guns blazing on me hear me out.
Avoid scare tactics, they can make a dangerous gun owner. I personally dont want to see someone in one of my Carry Concealed classes who is only getting it because so and so said they should do it.
Someone who was scared into carring should not carry for the simple fact that when it comes time to defend his/her life that trigger will seem to not move that is if this carrier could even bring theirself to pointing a gun at someone.
Someone who is scared into carrying will be unlikely to go seek any more trainning than that of what the received during their carry concealed course.

Lastly If she is not ready for it scare tactics might have the reverse affect. try talking with her about less leathal options such as mace/pepper spray or a stun gun. she could also take a self defense course for women.

Carring is a personal choice I carry because my life will not end before God Intends it too, not when a criminal intends it too, and i know that with all the training i have done and all the training that i will do in the future that i can prioritize a persons life

my family - me - somone theatening me or my families life.
That is how i see it and if you do too then you may be suited to carry but that is your choice not mine.

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with the folks who posted above that its wrong to talk her into it.

Defensive mindset first. All else follows. Firearms without a proper mindset is a bad thing.

If you can get her to take a class for women, she will get there.

jej

Dbltap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree you should never try to force someone to cc if they don't want to. THey need to have the mindset that they KNOW, without a shadow of doubt, that they will use the gun if needed. Otherwise they may effectively just be handing the bad guy a gun if they hesitate. Better to get them some realistic training first and see if she comes around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom