Cool liquor store in downtown OKC!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

av8r

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I go to Cancun every year, there must be some sort of gremlin there because when I get home I always seem to find a couple of Cuban cigars hidden in my things. Like a good American I also dispose of them by burning them down to a stub. It's a tough job but somebody has to do it!!

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cohiba. I am honestly not trying to pick bones with you. I really enjoy good smokes. Now I have had some very high dollar cubans (most of which were legal here,... that should explain the cost a little), and honestly, I have had some domincan and nicis that I wholeheartedly prefer. We will chalk that up to a matter of tastes.

Now, as far as the legality, by burning the cigar you are adhering to the possession of a "product of Cuba." Which is great, but that only applies for possessing, not for purchasing. This is why, technically, even if you are on a cruise in the caribbean and you, an American citizen, purchases a cuban cigar outside of US territories, you can be fined $250,000 and face imprisonment (doubt that its enforced). It wont matter that you burned the product, the crime you would be charged with is the purchase.

I think its a stupid hold over law from the cold war. I really dont care who's regime I contribute to. I am sure if I got nitpicky over every agenda some corporation had, I would need to start a farm and become self sustainable.

JKClay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are new to sticks,... I suggest doing samplers. Find what you like. And every now and then introduce yourself to a really nice one.

I am definitely not new to smoking cigars...I've been smoking them for about 5 years now. I regularly visited Maker's before the OTC shut em down. I would generally bring my own but would sometimes buy theirs...I am just looking for the best prices to stock up.

I usually try a new cigar about once a month...

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am definitely not new to smoking cigars...I've been smoking them for about 5 years now. I regularly visited Maker's before the OTC shut em down. I would generally bring my own but would sometimes buy theirs...I am just looking for the best prices to stock up.

I usually try a new cigar about once a month...

IMHO, cigarsinternational and some of the other online sites. They typically beat the pants off the locals (sad cause I do enjoy helping out the local shops). I guess the tradeoff is unless you are buying a premium, you are looking at minimum 5 pack to box. So I guess you could still use local shops for your single sticks.

What do you like to smoke? That will help out a lot.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Simple........if Broadway Wine Merchants is over priced........go to the North to Byran's. I didn't see anything over priced. Tobacco Exchange has good prices and a smoking lounge to sit and BS with me and other smokers!!!!!

I'd still like to know what overprice is. Ill pay extra for good selection, but not so much I could just order it elsewhere.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've smoked in TE before. Nice place. My wife and I sat and listened to some very snooty guys talk about whatever they were talking about. I was thoroughly entertained. They ocasionally have a few vitolas of Opus X. I bought several in there. <$10 a stick for Opus is OK with me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom