Whats to drink this weekend??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As the title states....."Whats to drink this weekend"??

I have jumped off the deep end and started to drink single scotch malts. I still love and always will have a devotion to American whisky....George Dickel#12 & Maker's Mark.

What I up and did .... for this weekend was buy a bottle of Single Malt Scotch...Springbank 10 year old. They didn't have any older Springbank but as soon as I finish this bottle I will have Leann at Modern Liquor On North May Ave(who sold me the Springbank) order me some older Springbank(18 year old) and some older Highland Park!!

Here she is...my Scottish Lass...Springbank 10yr Old.
scotch%20002[1] (2).jpg

You know what I'm gonna smoke with this!!!

Later in the year, I gotta start trying some Absinthe.....The Green Fairy. Just to see if I like it!!??

Have a GREAT weekend!!!

Cohiba

AGI

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As the title states....."Whats to drink this weekend"??

I have jumped off the deep end and started to drink single scotch malts. I still love and always will have a devotion to American whisky....George Dickel#12 & Maker's Mark.

What I up and did .... for this weekend was buy a bottle of Single Malt Scotch...Springbank 10 year old. They didn't have any older Springbank but as soon as I finish this bottle I will have Leann at Modern Liquor On North May Ave(who sold me the Springbank) order me some older Springbank(18 year old) and some older Highland Park!!

Here she is...my Scottish Lass...Springbank 10yr Old.
View attachment 16280

You know what I'm gonna smoke with this!!!

Later in the year, I gotta start trying some Absinthe.....The Green Fairy. Just to see if I like it!!??

Have a GREAT weekend!!!

Cohiba

You will like Absinthe...as long as you get the real deal. Whenever you`re ready to order some hit me up and I`ll point you in the right direction.

As for drinks this weekend, Heineken and Becks beer.

Cheers!:friday:

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched Modern Marvels on the History Channel tonight - showed how single malt Scotch is made + absynth, brandy, cognac, tequila, gin, vodka, and moonshine. Made me curious about single malt Scotch and absynthe - I've tried most of the others over the years.

Couple of silver bullets for me tonight. I do have some Jack Daniels for reinforce ment if needed.

Cedar Creek

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok guys ... ya'll know that when I partake it is generally a good Merlot or scotch (my first choice always) but I let the guy at the liquor store talk me into buying a bottle of chocolate wine. Its a red wine (I'll admit probably something they couldn't bottle and actually expect people to drink) with chocolate in it.

I have looked at that bottle in my wine rack every weekend for several months now ... probably more like a year.

Last night I finally worked up the nerve to break it open. First, it actually wasn't too bad ... I like really bold wines so that part didn't bother me and the chocolate after taste was nice and delicate. A surprising juxtaposition in flavors. I was afraid it was gonna have a gooey texture but again I was surprised. It is actually a pretty light drink ... not at all heavy or chewy. (GAWD I hate pina coladas! LOL)

Only thing I should have done differently was cool it before drinking. I tend to like my wines at room temp so the rest of the bottle went into the fridge. I'll get another go at it tonight.

Anyway ... that is my adventure outside my comfort zone for the weekend.

Now ... where's my bottle of scotch?? LOL

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow....smooth!! Both I and my 75 year old mother-in-law like Springbank!! Will have to breakdown and man-up and buy an older bottle of this stuff!! Drinking it as I grill the steaks!!! Mother-in-law wants her own bottle now.......my wife and my father-in-law think my MIL and I are crazy!!!

Cohiba

Latest posts

Top Bottom