Cool range finds today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I knew a shooting instructor years ago that never picked up any ammo if he dropped it on the ground. He told anyone that came through his class the same,
"Don't pick up that ammo & use it, it's contaminated & dirty now that its been on the ground & will scratch your barrel."

Maybe these folks had that same instructor.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I knew a shooting instructor years ago that never picked up any ammo if he dropped it on the ground. He told anyone that came through his class the same,
"Don't pick up that ammo & use it, it's contaminated & dirty now that its been on the ground & will scratch your barrel."

That is the dumbest thing I ever heard, having said that when I worked in Law Enforcement they trained you not to do that , because you fight like you train and train like you fight etc.

While you are busy hunting for a dropped round on the ground you probably have just enough time to die in a gun fight .

Just like dumping your brass on the ground vs into a bucket or catching it in your hand from a revolver when you eject it .

Coug91

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I know of a facility that was deep in Kuwait specifically to grade and recondition small arms ammo that was in much worse condition than having been dropped on the ground. SMFH at this trainers logic.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately it's high on the list of domestic violence days too. Always hated working it in the ER.
Superbowl Sunday is usually pretty quiet, then all of a sudden it is like a flood gate opens. 6 ambulances are backed up in the bay and everything that didn't happen in the last few hours comes at once with some extra.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Superbowl Sunday is usually pretty quiet, then all of a sudden it is like a flood gate opens. 6 ambulances are backed up in the bay and everything that didn't happen in the last few hours comes at once with some extra.
Anytime I worked adults for several years it was in the Trauma Center ER at OU. Always had abuse cases on the adult side, occasionally at Children's too but not as much.

Edit: Summertime is when the kids come in, the hotter the temps the worse it would be.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would NEVER fire ammo I picked up at the range!

I've read too many tales where people blew up a gun and injured themselves by shooting an intentionally overloaded cartridge that had been left on a bench by some psycho.

If I reloaded I might salvage the cases and bullets,,,
But put them in a gun and shoot them,,,
NEVER!

Aarond

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That instructor is a dumbass.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would NEVER fire ammo I picked up at the range!

I've read too many tales where people blew up a gun and injured themselves by shooting an intentionally overloaded cartridge that had been left on a bench by some psycho.

If I reloaded I might salvage the cases and bullets,,,
But put them in a gun and shoot them,,,
NEVER!

Aarond

I'm especially worried about the ones in the middle. It is always the small ones that getcha!
smiley_smartass.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom