Cooper Model 52 280 AI - Value?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Curious what you guys would consider a decent deal on this model? It's had a couple hundred rounds and is in very good condition. I'd also love to hear input from anyone who owns one.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, find it surprising no one on the site has one of these. Guess the 280 AI isn't too popular here?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Are you asking about the AI or the Cooper or both? I've got a custom .280AI and have had it for 20+ years, it's my favorite round, I know of a couple other members here who have one also. As far as the Cooper, I'm sure they're quality, I''ve seen only one in my life at a range, and seen just a few for sale in person though. There's just not that many Cooper owners out there imo.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you asking about the AI or the Cooper or both? I've got a custom .280AI and have had it for 20+ years, it's my favorite round, I know of a couple other members here who have one also. As far as the Cooper, I'm sure they're quality, I''ve seen only one in my life at a range, and seen just a few for sale in person though. There's just not that many Cooper owners out there imo.
Curious as to why you think that is? Cost? Availability?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Yes definitely cost I think. Unless it's just somebody wanting a classy looking rifle, there's just too many rifles out there now that cost $500 that shoot just as well as a $3k-$6k rifle.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, they're not cheap but they're definitely quality rifles, which is why you don't see too many for sale. I've been looking for a good quality 280 AI and came across an offer on another forum. I was considering the model 92 but have actually found many shooters who say it's so light they didn't like it. I've considered others, Kimber Mountain Accent being one but it seems the cooper owners never have a bad thing to say when many of the others do.....and that says a lot.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Considering how cheap it is to covert a .280 to a .280AI, find the rifle you like in .280 and convert. If you buy a Cooper, please post pics, the few I've seen were beauties.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm with Okie4570 ... I own a 280AI, but it's not a Cooper. Don't know anything about the Coopers other than what I've read. I have no doubt they are a very fine rifle, but I'm not gonna' drop that kind of money on one.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I pulled the trigger and sent the money. Will post pics when I get it in. Now I just need to sell those other two rifles and get the money back into the kids college account...lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom