Copperhead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up in the 1950's in the Nicola Park area and never saw a poisonous snake, I guess it's because I was always moving, running and playing barefoot in the woods. Maybe I made too much noise but I never saw a one. Scorpions though, I've smashed a few with my fingers picking up railroad ties as a kid.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
never seen a copperhead that looked like an earthworm. i've seen rough earth snakes that looked like worms, but not copperheads.
oksnakes.org_admin_photogallery_images_thumb_copperhead_207.jpg

oksnakes.org_admin_photogallery_images_Rough_20earthsnake_201.jpg

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago there was a story in the news about a small boy that found a nest of "worms," which turned out to be babies of some type of non-venomous snakes (don't remember which).

He said those were the "bitingest" worms he'd ever seen. :D

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
never seen a copperhead that looked like an earthworm. i've seen rough earth snakes that looked like worms, but not copperheads.
oksnakes.org_admin_photogallery_images_thumb_copperhead_207.jpg

oksnakes.org_admin_photogallery_images_Rough_20earthsnake_201.jpg

True enough for you and I, but to those young 'uns running around playing around the fire ring and the boat shed, those little ones are "worms!"

Last edited:

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True enough for you and I, but to those young 'uns running around playing around the fire ring and the boat shed, those little ones are "worms!"
those young 'uns need taught real quick the difference between snakes and worms, and then the different between venomous and nonvenomous snakes. otherwise they shouldn't be running around outside.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in 1990 my folks were out in the junk pile gonna move a hog feeder that had the flaps on it, dad stuck his hand down in one of the feeders under the flap and said all a sudden he had a burning pain like he'd never felt before.

When he brought his had out he had an 18" long copperhead latched onto the web between his thumb and forefinger with just one fang stuck in his hand. Mom took off running like a jack rabbit he said.

Put him in the hospital for 3 or 4 days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom