country free range near BA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webmogul

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been to the one down past wagoner, not far from ft gibson lake. If I recall it is almost right across the street from the airport. HW51 takes you right to it, on the right side of the road.

Getting there early on the weekend is a good idea, as it is a popular spot.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been to the one down past wagoner, not far from ft gibson lake. If I recall it is almost right across the street from the airport. HW51 takes you right to it, on the right side of the road.

Getting there early on the weekend is a good idea, as it is a popular spot.

Yeah thats the wild wild west one everyone is talking about. I got there @ 10 AM on Sunday, and by 11:30 it was PACKED... Kinda crazy.

airborne.ranger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that Wagoner WMA is a death trap. I was at the bench when a man walked up about 10 feet behind and 3 feet to the left of us and unloaded his SKS. Scared everyone out there. He told everybody that he was "aiming" so he knew he wouldn't shoot anybody.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Geeze... screw that... We were shooting there... the only ppl there, and this fella came out from almost behind the berm!! He was looking for his dawgs, he said he was huntin bore, and shot one, and it speared both of his dogs, last thing he said he seen was his dogs running and all gashed up bleeding profusely. We were kinda stunned.
I still go out there though, thats pretty much the only place I have to go.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother just left my house from an afternoon of shooting. This week a year ago was the last time for him because he also doesn't have any where to shoot. He lives just east of BA and wants to get into shooting again after many years off. I told him about and warned him about the Wagnor range that has been discussed here. I've encouraged him to join Oil Capitol which is very close to his home but it is pretty pricey and restricted. I'm not a fan of the place but he's thinking of joining Tulsa Firearms. He'd also love to find a good place to shoot near BA.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Know your target and what is beyond
Be absolutely sure you have identified your target beyond any doubt. Equally important, be aware of the area beyond your target. This means observing your prospective area of fire before you shoot. Never fire in a direction in which there are people or any other potential for mishap. Think first. Shoot second.
"

Latest posts

Top Bottom