County parcel maps and locating the owner.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for a little help/guidance. I'm looking to find out whom owns a particular piece of property in rural Hughes County near Calvin. It's a long back-story but while looking for some land to purchase I came across an 80 acre tract that no one can tell me whom owns it. The word I got was it was some guy from Calif but he hasn't been to the property in decades.

Is there some kind of list or map of a specific area I can get copies of that has all the parcels of land and it's owners basic contact info. I don't have any kind of address or parcel number but would be able to look at a map and possibly decipher which parcel belongs to which individual as I have a good idea of the location by looking at google earth. Hope this makes an ounce of sense. Thanks.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look at the Assessor's mapping to determine the parcel number, then they'll pull the parcel data. It will have the name and address of the owner in it. From there it's up to your Google Fu to get a number for the owner. You'll need Section, Township, & Range or at least the cross street and what side of the intersection it's on so that they can locate the tract. That process can vary somewhat depending on the county.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would agree with going to office for the county. I've spent a ton of time trying to find info on a piece of property in Okfusgee county and everything online is a dead end. My search was similar cause there is no address, but I could point it out on a map. I haven't gone to the office yet, but I think that is going to be the only way.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I forgot to mention that you're most likely going to have to go to the Assessor's Office in person. Most counties aren't set up to do this online and the online services are not very helpful unless you pay a fee. Those fees can be fairly substantial. Some counties will pull the info over the phone and fax it to you, but they are few.

Last edited:

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of good info. I have been on the website 4play linked to and was moderately helpful. Probably be much more helpful expect the free searches they say are not so free to look in the info. I'm leaving on Saturday to drive back so hope most of this can be done over the the phone or email requests. Thanks all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom