Covid - Garbage in Garbage out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hadn't thought about this scenario . . .

https://twitter.com/NBSaphierMD/status/1284166618168393729

tests.PNG

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am hearing they are also counting retests as new cases. So if someone gets it they are positive on Day105 then is retested on day 110 and is positive they count as a new case then on Day 113 again new case. So one person is counted 3 times. If that is really happening how many tests are retest that are showing as new cases?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I've seen it posited before, but always light on specifics. No mention of how many antibody tests have been included in "positive case" counts.

I think Texas was one of the states doing it early on, but they've since fixed it. To date they've only had like 7k positive antibody tests so even if it was added to the 290+K of positive viral tests, it's hardly a "gross inflation" of the case count and nothing close to double dipping.

Fact is that antibody testing isn't happening in near enough numbers to skew things the way some are trying to paint it...

Last edited:

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FOX 35 INVESTIGATES: Questions raised after fatal motorcycle crash listed as COVID-19 death

ORLANDO, Fla. - A person who died in a motorcycle accident was added to Florida’s COVID-19 death count, according to a state health official.

FOX 35 News found this out after asking Orange County Health Officer Dr. Raul Pino whether two coronavirus victims who were in their 20s had any underlying conditions. One of his answers surprised us.

Dr. Pino was asked if the man’s data was removed.

“I don’t think so. I have to double-check,” Pino said. “We were arguing, discussing, or trying to argue with the state. Not because of the numbers -- it’s 100…it doesn’t make any difference if it's 99 -- but the fact that the individual didn’t die from COVID-19…died in the crash. But you could actually argue that it could have been the COVID-19 that caused him to crash. I don’t know the conclusion of that one.”

There are still two people in their 20s on Orange County’s data list for coronavirus deaths.

So is this a contradiction to how the state says it’s counting deaths?

Earlier this week, the Florida Department of Health sent FOX 35 News a statement that attempted to clarify that a "COVID death" is determined if, "COVID19 is listed as the immediate or underlying cause of death, or listed as one of the significant conditions contributing to death. Or, if there is a confirmed COVID-19 infection from a lab test – and the cause of death doesn’t meet exclusion criteria – like trauma, suicide, homicide, overdose, motor-vehicle accident, etc."

“The only thing that I can say to people is the data I provide you with is the data we consume from the state. We offer you the best data that we have,” Dr. Pino said.

Dr. Pino tells us the medical examiner has to certify all COVID-19 deaths. We also reached out to that office and haven’t heard back.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen it posited before, but always light on specifics. No mention of how many antibody tests have been included in "positive case" counts.

I think Texas was one of the states doing it early on, but they've since fixed it. To date they've only had like 7k positive antibody tests so even if it was added to the 290+K of positive viral tests, it's hardly a "gross inflation" of the case count and nothing close to double dipping.

Fact is that antibody testing isn't happening in near enough numbers to skew things the way some are trying to paint it...

Who knows . . . folks manipulate data for various reasons everyday.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you think those deaths are not appropriate to be considered in the numbers for COVID-19?

Why the hell would you?? If a dude has AIDS and get pancaked by a city bus in the crossing the street should he be considered having died of AIDS or died from the 40K# bus? Aren't you a nurse of doctor or something? If so, that is scary that you think they should be considered as a Covid death.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom