1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Cowcatcher is forced to buy a rebar cutter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cowcatcher, Mar 16, 2019 at 7:31 PM.

1. Cowcatcher

Cowcatcher Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    So there I was at Northern tool. They had a sale that ended today and there was a welding hood that had good reviews and since another hood can't hurt and I had some NT coupons that needed used I got that hood with blue flames on it. Stopped at the "50% off of lowest clearance price" rack and didn't need any jersey gloves or receiver hitches but I seen a big steel box barely peeking out at the bottom that had several more of those gloves n such piled on it. I said to myself, self, reckon what that is? I uncovered it and slid it out. Why, it's a electric over hydraulic rebar cutter. Hey, it cuts from 5/16" dia to 1" dia. I might maybe ever use it. Dang, it once was $629, then $449, then $308 and now $126! Hey, salesguy! So your tellin me I can buy this thing for 50% of $126?? Yep, he said. I said well I'm pretty much forced to buy it then. It was/is heavy!! My 81yo dad said he'd carry the welding hood and off we went.
    I'll tell ya what, I don't think I need it bad but I bet I'll use it. I figure to just leave her sitting on a work bench for cutting chain and anything else that I don't wanna fire up a gas axe for. I cut some 3/8, 3/4 and 1" bolts with it. It walks right thru em.
    IMG_4040.JPG IMG_4041.JPG IMG_4045.JPG IMG_4046.JPG IMG_4049.PNG

2. chuter

chuter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    For a deal like that, you had no choice. Good find.

Cowcatcher likes this.
  3. swampratt

swampratt Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    WOW I do not need one either but I bet I would have got it.
    No I would not..I am a fool and do not know a deal if the gold was dropped in my hands.
    :(

SoonerP226, kwaynem and Cowcatcher like this.
  4. kwaynem

kwaynem Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Lmfao!!!! Hey I was lost when he said he was from Dubai!! Cowcatcher that’s a great deal I bet you use it a lot!

Cowcatcher likes this.
  5. Timmy59

Timmy59 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Oh heck ya I couldn't have said no either, Tell ya what CW, bring it here I'll give ya 66, feed ya lunch and we'll do some shooting on my boolits.. :w000t:

Cowcatcher likes this.
  6. Profreedomokie

Profreedomokie Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'm the same way. I can't turn down a bargain most of the time. The guy next door offered me a 2000 watt Honda inverter generator from where he worked for $400. He said they were selling off some extra ones. I told him to pick through them and get me a good one. He said he didn't have to ,they were all new. About a week after I paid him the $400 he had it for me. Heck , now I've got three generators.

dennishoddy, Cowcatcher and kwaynem like this.
  7. Preacherman

Preacherman Sharpshooter

I agree that your hands were tied and you had no choice other than taking it home. Good score.

C_Hallbert and Cowcatcher like this.
  8. Cowcatcher

Cowcatcher Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Thanks for agreeing with me guys! Even my wife agreed that I had no other choice, THIS TIME.

C_Hallbert and kwaynem like this.
  9. C_Hallbert

C_Hallbert Sharpshooter

Way to go! Cowcatcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowcatcher likes this.
  10. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Heck of a deal. We have a Harbor Freight coming to Ponca City in the near future. A lot of their stuff is junk, but some is really good if one knows how to take care of it. My pneumatic drills in 1/4 and 3/8" chucks have served me well over thirty years of industrial use with proper lube that most people seem to think they don't need.
    The pneumatic wrenches the same. Keep 5 drops of lube in them every time one uses them, they will last forever.
    The 3500lb winch for the ATV has very high ratings from users. Better than some of the name brands.

Cards81fan, kwaynem and Cowcatcher like this.