coyote calling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcusR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fox pro is a good call cause you can save so many sounds on it. I hunt with 2 differant people and one uses the Johnny Stewart and the Other the fox pro. We are saving up for the new Fox pro and going to use the Johnny as a back up. I have read to start either or on the ways to call. We just start out loud and try to bring them in from as far away as possible. And we only call for about 2 minutes then let set for a minute, we keep doing this for about 15 minutes. I am no pro but it works for us. The buddy that has the fox pro has had dogs come up and smell the call. You just need to find the sound you like the most and stick with it till it just does not work anymore.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone use a fox pro call for coyotes. How loud should you turn it up? Any sugesstions on using it.

Not sure which model you have but some are much louder than others.Wind terrain and sound you are playing will also dictate on how loud you need to play it.If you are using coyote vocalizations, play it as loud as you can. For distress sounds in thick cover on a calm day for example you will not have to call near as loud. Wide open country with a brisk wind you will need to crank it up some.If I knew more about the conditions you were calling I could probably give you a more specific answer.

Scott

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to start mine low in case a coyote is hanging around close. After a couple minutes, I turn up the volume. The windier, the louder you have to go. Good luck and take some pics for us.

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i purchased my FX3 right after christmas. i'm by NO MEANS a pro, but i usually start out as if i am using my hand calls; low volume, then sit, and repeat and go into higher volume. i had luck last year doing this with my hand calls but not so much with the FX3 (i joke about how i basically bought an expensive crow caller, cause it works like a champ on crows).... but this is why i am setting up the seminar with scott to better my skills at when and what calls to use....

i have not had much luck till last nite, went and cut some firewood up, and heard them start to yap so i did a female invite and in about under 5mins or so two silhouettes popped up over on the hill about 250yds out.....stupid me took the rifle out to make room for other things......

Latest posts

Top Bottom