Electronic predator calls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone that I’ve heard talk about the WT calls has said the exact same thing. It can’t be any heavier than my old JS call. That thing was a tank, but I killed a ton of animals over it.
You ain’t kidding about those old JS cassette calls, you’d get a workout for sure toting those things around.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone that I’ve heard talk about the WT calls has said the exact same thing. It can’t be any heavier than my old JS call. That thing was a tank, but I killed a ton of animals over it.
They are heavy but not terrible bad. The sound quality is incredible though.
Like I said I used one for years and carried it for miles and the weight never seemed to bother me that bad. Called 8 bobcats in one day with it once. Heavy but great sound quality.

Oklahomahunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a primos alpha dog call that I have been pretty happy with. I have had it several years now so their may be something better now.
That’s the same call I’ve had. It won’t run and I’ve been going back and forth with Primos about it. They keep giving me the run around and taking forever to respond so I’m done. I’ll move to a different company. I did have some decent success with it, though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a new FoxPro Shockwave with a decoy that can be used on its own or tethered to the Shockwave.
My buddy has had one for a couple of years and we have killed lots of fur with his. The rechargeable battery pack seems to hold longer than individual batteries and he bought an extra.
He said I could borrow his anytime I want but he is always gone or at work, blah, blah, so bought my own.
I tried it at home on the kitchen counter when it arrived and the wife ordered me out of the house so she could watch TV without all the calls in the background. Took it to the back porch, let a couple calls out right at dark and saw a coyote across the back fence. Tried to get my phone out to take a pic but it left.
Used it the other day when getting home from deer hunting, hearing coyotes howling. Put out the decoy and call and played the coyote locator call, then a rabbit.
Two coyotes showed up, one going right to the decoy. The loudest CLICK ever happened when the firing pin hit the primer and nothing happened.
So far it's two for two, and we have done good with the buddy's same unit that is about 5 years older.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s the same call I’ve had. It won’t run and I’ve been going back and forth with Primos about it. They keep giving me the run around and taking forever to respond so I’m done. I’ll move to a different company. I did have some decent success with it, though.
That sucks I haven’t had any issues with mine, sucks primos customer service didn’t help. I wouldn’t expect them to do anything for me on mine since I have had it so long at this point.

Latest posts

Top Bottom