Coyote hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never have really done much, but this year our place is covered up with them. I have a .243 that is a tack driver, so I'm gtg there. What is the best approach? What other gear is a must. Don't want to break the bank...but want to be able to go out and start putting a dent in the population.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good camo similar to the cover in your area, a squealing cottontail mouth call and maybe a bipod or shooting sticks is all you would really need to get started.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would suggest a remote call to keep the sound away from you until you figure everything out. They will circle down wind so watch down wind of you if youre mouth calling or downwind of your call. I say all this and I have had the absolute worst luck this year in all the years I have been calling.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get someone that knows what they're doing go with you. They will get educated quick so if you keep calling the same area your odds will most likely go down.
You will never control the population by calling. If controlling the population is your goal you will need a trapper. Good luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom