Coyote Regulation Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crag83

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have looked through the regs, but can't find anything regarding baiting coyotes. Is it legal to bait coyotes? For example, using old nasty meat to lure them in and then shoot them.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get the wardens permission and pick up some deer carcasses to leave at your hunting spot. Leave them where it is easy for you to sneak up and see it with the prevailing wind in your favor.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont think you can bait on public land, not even corn for deer. Although everytime I go out to Lexington there are pipe feeders everywhere.

Your allowed to bait on public land for deer.

Turkey regs:
Baiting

Turkeys may not be hunted or taken within 100 yards of any bait. Baiting is the placing, exposing, depositing, distributing or scattering of shelled, shucked or unshucked corn, wheat or other grain or other feed so as to constitute for such birds a lure, attraction or enticement, on or over any area where hunters are attempting to take them. The taking of turkey over standing crops, grain crops, properly shucked on the field where grown or grain found scattered solely as the result of normal agricultural operations is permitted.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are some live traps that have a seperate compartment for housing a chicken or something that keeps the chicken unharmed but scared poop-less as it sits there as bait.... Are those illegal in Oklahoma or is live baiting only illegal for actual hunting/ shooting purposes....? I thought I knew some people that recommended doing trapping that way... but maybe they were ignorant...

RAMS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Turkey reg: "Turkeys may not be hunted or taken within 100 yards of any bait."

So we are supposed to call "time out" and look under every tree for scattered corn within 100 yds in each direction before setting up on a bird that suddenly sounds off?

I sure hope the game wardens in OK have more common sense than the regs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom