Efficacy of the 110 grain Nosler Varmageddon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
308 Win 48grains of Win 748 traveling just over 2700fps in my Rem 700 sure shoots sweet. No recoil to speak of and beautiful accuracy.
This weekend was my first time shooting something with meat on it.

The first pic is of my son's first buck :) 102 yards. The entrance wound is as expected but no exit; tons of blood, dropped on the spot. As we field dressed it, it looks like the 110 grain BT and about a silver dollar sized piece of rib exploded and shredded both lungs.
IMG_3358.jpeg

IMG_3363.jpeg

The next day I got a shot at a coyote at 134 yards. The first pic is the ENTRANCE wound and about the size of a mans fist. The second is the EXIT and just look at those blow out lines. If it wasn't for that little bit of fur there would be a fist sized window.

IMG_6711.jpeg
IMG_6710.jpeg

Can't wait to give it a try on a hog and give yall an update.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome.
DRT.
You mentioned BT but all I see available is the Flat base #34057 bullet
That is exactly how i described it to my son. Once he figured out the acronym meant Dead Right There; he uses it every time he tells the story now lmao.

Yup, i was being lazy, its ballistic tip. You got the bullet number right and they are flat base. Dandy little rounds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom