Coyote season?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There used to be a few hundred coyote hunters in Oklahoma who used trail hounds at night. I suspect they are all gone now. I know Stephens county was down to the last one over 20 years ago. My dad was big into this southwest of Duncan for many years.

That may be behind the "sight hound" prohibition. The trailhound group used to have a pretty strong voice in hunting regs.

I think light enhancement equipment is also prohibited. CB

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry man, I wasn't trying to say I'm right and you're wrong. I was just going off of what was in the regs. And you are correct, the regs that you pick up are not the complete listing of regulations.

Not a problem. I didn't mean for it to come across the way it did. I just think if someone wants to hunt coyotes at night they should. It is a little more difficult than in the day but it is fun. If you want to try it some time let me know.

Scott

C

coythtr

I hunt coyotes at nite alot and iv never had to get a permit, I call my GW in county i hunt and let them know where im at they tell me thanks for callin. Been doin this for years w no issues at all.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can do it that way but the law states you have to have a permit. There have been a couple of wardens over the years that have done the same as what your warden has done though. Ok I'm ready to go hunt some now!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sure like to see it like Tx where they use pickups with towers on them. Red spotlights on all corners, and night vision is legal.
I've been on a hunting forum with some of those guys, and they really lay the coyotes down. Its not uncommon to have ten or so in one night.

Latest posts

Top Bottom