Crab leg prices going to be crazy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have for well over a decade held the theory that if Global Warming is real, there was really only one way to fix it and the governments already knew this for years. The solution was always going to be far less people. The implementation of such plan is quite problematic unless you just disintegrate everything and let the people kill each other (Which seems to be the plan) or kill us all in a nuclear war, or some other version of a war or starve them. My sons just think they will be able to hunt and survive for ever, regardless of the math you show them only 30 million dear and 350 million hungry people those won‘t last long.

The nutritional requirements of a wild game diet are crazy with how much you have to eat to stop the starvation process.

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll see if I can find the link to the study. WUT is right. The fantasy of living off the land is just that with our population.
I see what you meant. The population is too large for everyone to live off of the land without any agricultural supplements. I was thinking about the nutritional aspect of eating wild game

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see what you meant. The population is too large for everyone to live off of the land without any agricultural supplements. I was thinking about the nutritional aspect of eating wild game

There was a thread here on it several years ago. Without all the stuff we add to our deer harvest meals we would have to be eating 3 deer a week plus dozens of squirrels and rabbits a week for a family of 5 and they would still be slowly starving to death even with that type of harvest.

I think it was a university of Minnesota or maybe Michigan study.

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a thread here on it several years ago. Without all the stuff we add to our deer harvest meals we would have to be eating 3 deer a week plus dozens of squirrels and rabbits a week for a family of 5 and they would still be slowly starving to death even with that type of harvest.

They probably aren’t factoring in the gathering part or eating the guts.A few carbs and fat changes everything

Last edited:

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Most wild game is very lean, we as humans need fat in out diets.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The nutritional requirements of a wild game diet are crazy with how much you have to eat to stop the starvation process.
i have read several books written by a paleontologist who studies the ancient north american. he has collected stories also handed down from generations of native americans. one story that stood out to me was one from the indian woman who said that if the game wasn't fat that they wouldn't bother killing or hunting it because the carcass wouldn't have enough energy in it to pay back the energy expended in it's taking. starvation was a real threat to these people.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They probably aren’t factoring in the gathering part or eating the guts.A few carbs and fat changes everything
a story from lewis and clark says that they were starving and suffering scurvey until they befriended an indian that taught them to kill and cook the rabbits whole. they ate the guts along with the rest. the rabbits squirrels deer etc had already digested the grass weeds bark etc and this opened up the nutrition to man. the contents of the cecum and gut contents were to be eaten.

Latest posts

Top Bottom