Craigslist Thieves!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcrecelius

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is an email that is circulating around my work today...I changed the names and am reposting this as a warning to anyone who uses Craigslist.

A seller had his pickup listed on Craig's list. A guy came to test drive it while his buddy waited in the pickup they came in... After a few minutes, the waiting buddy claimed he was having an allergy attack and left. Suspicious, they took his license plate #. Turns our that truck was stolen.. And of course, the test driver never showed back up with the sellers truck.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same story has been circulating for years except the truck used to be a motorcycle that gets stolen.

Not saying it never happened but I am positive that it has been email forwarded more time than
It has occured

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Worked part time selling motorcycles way back when.. When we let someone take a test drive we woud keep the guys drivers licence till he came back. Worked really well and never lost a bike.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There have been several legitimate cases of this, but it usually involves some sort of force. Husband and wife had their cadillac suv stolen in edmond on a test drive at gunpoint, the SUV was listed on craigslist and the buyer/perp contacted them via craigslist.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe it. My good friend several years ago got his truck stolen out of his driveway. He had a '72 K10 chevy truck that was fully loaded. Worth about $18K. He had several guys call and look at the truck from his CL ad. Several days later he got home from work and asked his stay at home wife where his truck was as it was there in the morning. She stays at home as both of their children have varying degrees of autism. She only left for am hour or so that day to the grocery store. He can prove it but he feels that the guys checked out the truck and came back cased the house waiting for her to leave and then took it. These era chevy is not hard to hot-wire and steal and even easier to part out or send to mehico. His biggest issue was the fact he thinks they were watching his family waiting for an "opportunity". He should have met them in a public area to do the transaction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom