Crimson Trace weapon mounted light.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I realize that there different opinions about handheld vs. weapon mounted lights but has anyone used the Crimson Trace yet? I believe that they are only 100 lumens but the grip activation looks pretty handy and the light itself is very low-profile. Theyre selling for between $112 and $125 depending on where you buy from.

hc1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
They look interesting, but they're only available for three models of pistols and on one of the models it won't work with laser grips.

Recommend you also look at the Streamlight TLR-1S (with strobe), for about the same price. Also not sure I'd want two grip activations for those folks with laser grips because there may be times when you want the laser but not the light - - just food for thought.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They look interesting, but they're only available for three models of pistols and on one of the models it won't work with laser grips.

Recommend you also look at the Streamlight TLR-1S (with strobe), for about the same price. Also not sure I'd want two grip activations for those folks with laser grips because there may be times when you want the laser but not the light - - just food for thought.

Thanks. I already have (2) TLR-1s. These are indeed great lights. One is on my USP .40 and the other on my G19. I keep a Sure-Fire on my Mossy 12ga. which is another great light. I'm not a big fan of lasers so that would not be an issue. I just thought that these were something practical that C.T. came out with and not sure why it took them so long to do so.

hc1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
steelhorse,

If you purchase one, I hope you post a review and your thoughts. I'd also like to hear how reliable their on-off switch is, so a person doesn't accidentally trigger the light at the wrong time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom