Crossbow vs. "Manual Bow"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
good points Doc it seems we kind of have the same views on it. As for actual arrow speed a vert bow can keep up and exceed an xbow, did u happen to catch jim brunson shooting that 70lb 82nd at well over 400fps? i believe it was like more like 450+ on the cron, it was with a 200gr arrow but it just goes to show whats possible and there are quit a few bows out there now that hit 350+ with a hunting setup which surpasses most of the average xbows...

No, I did not know that - thank you for correcting me. Hmmm, very very interesting - that guy must have a looong pull, no, to do that with a 70 lb bow?

You might look at the Savage smokless MZ. Uses standard rifle powder, no mess, and it cleans up just like a centerfire.
I've had one for 5 years now.

Yeah, thanks - I had one but sold it because it had the camo synthetic stock, and I want the laminated wood thumbhole stock - it's on my Want to Buy list - see signature below.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was Jim Burnworth and it hit 421fps... he is tall i think like 6'4 but i think he has a 30" draw

I've been looking at the Savage ML10 all day since mentioned on here and i sold my muzzleloader last year and planned buying a new one this year and from what ive read about it i may just get one. Can anyone tell me first hand knoldge about them like is it worth getting??? In stead of highjacking this thread i my just start a new one about it. Sorry Doc

Latest posts

Top Bottom