Crossbows Now Legal for Deer Hunting for All Ages

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tampabucs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the wicked ridge warrior and I can get scary tight groups at 40 yards. There is an advantage over a compound for sure. I plan on busting a hog once this heat wave backs off.

aim1_shutterfly_com_media_47a0d931b3127ccefac12f3722940000003018255fd82d9e252d1c3355c4283ddee7.jpg

DownDeep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I will stick with my bow... It's more of a challenge and a more rewarding feeling when you stick a nice one. Beside I'm not a senior citizen yet. I can still pull a man-sized bow to full draw.

Tampabucs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I will stick with my bow... It's more of a challenge and a more rewarding feeling when you stick a nice one. Beside I'm not a senior citizen yet. I can still pull a man-sized bow to full draw.

But you will kill a deer with a rifle :confused: You aren't a senior citizen yet.. why not hunt with your bow year round?

Then again, you shouldn't even use a compound. I mean, you have 80% let off, fiber optic sights, trigger release, stabilizer etc.. Must be like shooting fish in a barrel, right? You should only use a recurve all season long. ;)

Seriously, a lot of people don't understand crossbows, so they bash them. They are jealous that other hunters are going to get more of "their" deer.

Tampabucs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
whats the advantage?
i hope it not tight groups at 40 yards

Multiple advantages. First off, aiming with a scope over pin sights, which makes me more accurate. Secondly, I'm shooting from a sitting position, so I'm more stable than shooting from a standing position. I don't have to draw in front of game. However, a compound can accomplish the same thing when hunting from a blind.

Point is, shoot what you like, but don't begrudge others for doing the same. Recurve guys resisted compounds the same way compound guys are resisting xbow hunters. Recurve purists still argue that compound shooters are taking the easy route with cams, trigger release, 80% let off, stabilizers, mounted rangefinders the list goes on. An xbow has advantages over a compound just like a compound has advantages over a recurve. It's the evolution of hunting gear and there will always be elitists.

Latest posts

Top Bottom