Cruise questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HAHA! My first pic of a bear was me standing next to a polar bear at the BP in Springfield Mo.

We went on vacation to Vancouver Island BC three years ago. It has the highest population of bears per square mile than any place on the NA continent.

We finally got a pic of a small black bear while driving down the road on the last day.

jbrentn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_08_27_f499270c53dc3346220076dea0f0d993.jpg
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_08_27_f116bfbb8db8bdb0113ec907b3d5193a.jpg

A couple of my pix. We were within about 10 feet of the mother in the water at one point.

sent from Omicron Persei 8.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With regards to cabins, if one wants to take lots of pictures, avoid the balcony rooms. One might be tempted to stay on the balcony and miss everything on the other side of the ship. I spent most of each and every day on the 10th deck of the Vision of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) where I could easily move all around the ship to take pictures. Our cabin was about mid-ship but on the outside with a very nice window. Our other family members' cabins were in the bow and all they had were small portholes to look out. Ours was like a picture window by comparison.

Lol, Terry!! That's a fantastic pic! Did Jo take that??

Yes, she did. We also have pictures of her and her sister and cousin-in-law standing front of a "reared-up" polar bear. That bear looks more real than mine does....

....but then, I'm not very real either.

As for the comment in bold above about the windows, here is a picture of the side of the Vision of the Seas. Looking low and to the right, one can see the small portholes that I referred to above. Each stateroom in the bow had two of those. One of those staterooms had the portholes "set-back" so one had to put their head back in the "set-back" area before getting to the portholes. By comparison, looking to the left one sees single larger windows. Those were like the ones in our stateroom.

Vision of the Seas Side View for Window7.jpg

Granted, our staterooms weren't as large as the balcony units, nor did they have all the amenities of the balcony ones, but we didn't figure we'd be spending a lot of time in the staterooms anyway. We were always out and about on the ship.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you've admitted to being "bear crazy," I'll really throw you a curve ball.

As of 2005 when we took this cruise, I had been trying to get a picture of a bear in the wild since the late '70's with no luck. In Juneau, I came across one that I told the wife to take a picture of with me standing near the bear, and I stated, "This is likely to be as close to a bear as I get for a photo." Here is that result.

LOL, that's awesome. I would love to have one of those carved bears in my house. Cool pic!

Latest posts

Top Bottom