A question for LEOs, report writing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't be taught. My advice to those that asked was always, "start reading everything you can get your hands on". If you don't read (a lot), you can't write.
That's Jack Carr's advice for aspiring writers, along with write what you like to read. He also passed along some paraphrased advice he got from an old sergeant while he was in sniper school--Precision in language reflects precision in thought.

When I was writing memos to be read by attorneys, their preference was to be succinct: get to the point as quickly and with as few words as possible. And, as mentioned above, don't use a ten dollar word when the nickel variety will do; f'rinstance, use "use" instead of "utilize."

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's Jack Carr's advice for aspiring writers, along with write what you like to read. He also passed along some paraphrased advice he got from an old sergeant while he was in sniper school--Precision in language reflects precision in thought.

When I was writing memos to be read by attorneys, their preference was to be succinct: get to the point as quickly and with as few words as possible. And, as mentioned above, don't use a ten dollar word when the nickel variety will do; f'rinstance, use "use" instead of "utilize."
For God's sake ... 🙄🙄🙄 Did you ask the damned lawyers why don't they take their own advice?? ****ers ... I swear no detail is too small to picked apart when it comes to lawyers. Lol

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That still isn't what you said. :naughty:

Next rule: Do as I say, not as I do.

anim_coffee.gif

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For God's sake ... 🙄🙄🙄 Did you ask the damned lawyers why don't they take their own advice?? ****ers ... I swear no detail is too small to picked apart when it comes to lawyers. Lol
I tell you what, some of the stuff I got from them made you wonder if they were literate at all. All I can figure is that they were getting paid by the word, or maybe by the pound...

Latest posts

Top Bottom