Cruise questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Penelope who?

If you're going on a 3-5 day cruise expect a lot of college kids and teenagers. There are a lot of viruses out there, bring a couple quarts of hand sanitizer.
Some cruises lines are great, some are a big disappointment. We went on Princess to aK and they called the round piece of meat n my plate "Filet of beef" I cut into it and it was tough and I knew that it was eye of round-unmistakable. I like food and when they do it to me I am a bit upset. Don'y expect steak every night, beef is expensive and they'll make leftovers and try to disguise it but you will know. The Celebrity cruise line is great, they'll treat you right but the only thing is they are temporary and will return you to port to fend for yourself. NCL is good too in that you don't have to dress up, you can go to dinner in a pair of bib overalls and a lot of people like NCL and a soon as this Ebola thing is over and when Obama is out of our White House we are thinking of cruising again.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, for the amount of money some people pay to ride on a crowded cruise ship (full of drunks and disease), a couple could fly to a pretty location (the Keys, the BVIs, Belize, etc.) and charter a captained sailboat. You'd have a real adventure then and experience remote, beautiful places without crowds. Just a thought.

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been on a couple cruises. My advice: listen to those who advocate the use of seasickness prevention!
I spent several years in the Navy and do not have an issue with seasickness. BUT, when we cruise, my wife and I both use prevention medication. Once you get seasick it is too late, the prevention medication is of no use after the fact. We start the day before we set sail, whether it is the patch or pills.
Set aside how macho you are and think about it: You will be spending several thousand bucks on the vacation. Don't spend half that vacation in your cabin feeling like total crap just because of your ego.

Latest posts

Top Bottom