Cuba - let 'em back in or no?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Normalize relations with Cuba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Threat of sanctions and sanctions themselves have done nothing to curb the behaviour we were trying to prohibit. Continuing down that course seems about as productive as the drug war. I say open trade and travel.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We should be friends with all repressive, racist regimes because they make our repressive and racist regime look better.

As to cigars … I have had some great Cubans and some really bad Cubans. My guess is that the bad ones were not rolled off of the thighs of young, female communist virgins but off the belly of some sweaty fat dude named Paco.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going out here on a limb and saying one of the only things I agree with Obama on is relaxing the sanctions on Cuba. 50 years of sanctions is not likely to change Fidel's attitude. We do need to try something new.

Since Raul has taken over the country from Fidel who is on his death bed for the most part, he has relaxed some of the communist policies. I think if Fidel died today, he would relax a lot more.

The sanctions only hurt the general population. Cuba's leaders never suffered from hunger or poverty.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Normalize them. Always thought it was unwise to create a bastion for enemies 90 miles off our shores. Russians are even talking about spinning up an old spy base there again

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Normalize them. Always thought it was unwise to create a bastion for enemies 90 miles off our shores. Russians are even talking about spinning up an old spy base there again

I remember the day when it almost became nuclear holocaust. Russia blinked. It was not a comfortable time no matter where you were in the US. We had to practice taking cover in our schools.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I say normalize relations.

I can recall being taught to take cover under our desks in school......desks must have been REALLY well made back then. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom