Current state of the gun market - interesting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urbanscout

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I belive the prices will fall.
My main interest is the shortage of fairly priced ammo in tulsa. It keeps me from going to the range, because I refuse to be hamstrung at the counter. I've kept enough to get me stocked for awhile.
Interesting thing is that "we - the public" have created this issue and are keeping it alive. No legeslation was needed.

Orangeman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Time will tell BUT I for one believe that UNTIL the Best thing in decades for the gun industry (Oduma) is removed along with his bunch of minions who continue to relagate the 2nd amendment to the trash heap Guns, Ammo and all things related will continue to be in High demand which will effectivley mean High prices. IMHO

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Need to also consider that these companies are probably not interested in making production investments with the current political climate.

In other words, they will make hay with whatever capability they currently have or are able to add with an immediate cost benefit, but I don't expect them to make any decisions that will bite them long term.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they are producing 1 billion rounds a day do you realize how hard it would be to be behind for very long? Even shipping to the military and LE. I have found several sites that have over 30 in stock of 1,000 rounds of 9mm. I just ordered 1,000 rounds of Federal hi shoks the other day. And they were still in stock when I went to bed last night. Lucky gunner consistently gets ammo in every day. The same goes for bulkammo.com. I think that there is a lot of panic and some people are getting facts blown out of proportion. Things will eventually get better. But it may take several months. I just ordered some thermold mags from thermold and they said it would be about 2 weeks before I received them. That really isn't that long to wait. I also got some glock mags and it said they are running a couple of weeks out too. As long as I get them I will be happy. But I know what some of you mean about not being able to shoot. i will be glad when my ammo gets here.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty skeptical of this, it's been popping up everywhere. Pretty sure that someone yanked it from their arse. It is crazy out there though, that's indisputable.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have said to myself, I refuse to participate in this madness however, I must confess my weakness. Yesterday I was driving by Sports World and decided to whip in and see what was in the used racks. Very crowded as usual. Nothing i needed on the racks so I proceed to the 22lr shelves. Empty. I turned around to glance at the centerfire ammo and there was my pet 308 ammo in stock. Federal Gold Medal 168 gr BTHP match. All my ld bolt guns love this round. I have never found anything to compare with it. Ok gimme all four boxes....despite the $39.00 price tag....I think the last I bought was right around $30.00. Perhaps a year and a half ago. I belittled myself all the way home, but despite being pretty fairly well stocked already, It felt good to add four boxes to the bottom of that pile.

Lord, give me some discipline till this whole thing blows over!

Latest posts

Top Bottom