1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Curtis(Higgins) got me again!!

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by Shoot Summ, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Shoot Summ

Shoot Summ Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'm a big fan of Curtis' builds. Incrediby quiet, great quality, and I enjoy talking to Curtis during the process.

I was out there recently to pick up an interesting gun, another builder that licensed Curtis design and built an S+H like gun that Curtis never built, a Camp Carbine .45, intergrally suppressed, from John's Guns in Texas.

But that isn't the story, I always ask Curtis what he is working on, I like to try to do a transfer a year if I can, and I am due.

He showed me his latest build, an AR based 300 blackout, with his suppressor technology adapted to it, really cool, and of course really quiet, so I've got another approval in the process...

I'll add a pics in a bit.

Subsonic likes this.
  2. Subsonic

Subsonic Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Got a 77/22 from him that is probably my favorite class 3 firearm. Waiting for ATF to send me a stamp for a 77/44. He does great work and I love his arms room.

Shoot Summ likes this.
  3. Shoot Summ

Shoot Summ Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have both of those, you will love the 77/44.

The Volquartsen sear is a must add to both.

Shoot some of the Colibri caps through the 77/22, all you hear is the hammer click.

Add the Mark II conversion to your list as well.

Here is the 300 Blackout

[​IMG]

ef9turbo and Subsonic like this.
  4. Subsonic

Subsonic Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Those are good sears and do make a big difference. Think I’ve had my 77/22 for around 15 years now and it never gets old hearing the hammer click and then hear the air being cut before the bullet makes a louder impact than the rifle being fired.