Custom Knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone use a Worksharp to touch up their knives?
I've got one, works pretty well. But if I had any of the custom knives I've seen in this thread, I don't think I'd use it on them.
Works great on my Gerber's and such, just not gonna risk a fine knife on cheap sharpener.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I, too, have a WorkSharp and use it on all of my 'normal' (off the shelf) knives and I love it! I think it's hard to beat for general sharpening. Depending on the blade, I may hit it with a hard Arkansas stone after the WorkSharp and then a leather strop (ALWAYS a leather strop). BUT, my McCroskeys ? ... well, that's why I went to see Dave Thursday. Only Dave is gonna' sharpen those as long as he is around. He'll sharpen his knives free for life (and any other knives you care to bring along).

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is correct DRC458. Paper wheels work great too, which i use for touch up. That is also why Dave has only sharpened mine 4 times in 20 years. Then again, I sharpen 75+ knives/year for people and have no arm hair left after shaving to prove the sharpness:thumbup3:

OK243

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was given a McCroskey Elk two years ago for Christmas from my wife and 2- best friends. That has led to 2- more McCroskey knives for myself and 3- more ordered as gifts. Dave is an outstanding knife maker and great person.

Latest posts

Top Bottom