Cz 452!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah! I couldn't believe I found this one. Essentially new for $340 OTD.

I was due a break. :D

Just kiddin'. I've been very lucky regarding gun purchases. Guess it's because I spend most of my waking hours scrounging. Gotta look to find.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
did you find that at jerry's or the other place. its in locust grove i believe? keep an eye for another blind hog.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're Very nice rifles.

Here's mine

[Broken External Image]

ClearRidge 3x9x32 scope

[Broken External Image]

I don't use the magazines much anymore. I just leave the single shot adapter in and shoot longs, CBs, and long rifles.
Mostly subsonic ammo.

This one likes wolf match target.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wander in there about once a week. About every 6 months, I wander on to a deal. However, you're right. They are generally overpriced, especially on new guns.

On the other hand, I've been a good customer. I think Charlie appreciates that and occasionally cuts me some slack. I've also seen a little more competitiveness out of them in the last 2-3 years. Maybe it's Lone Grove Pawn & Gun.

I've come to the conclusion that no dealer knows all there is to know about guns. That means that if they don't really keep up, they'll miss the boat on a lot of used ones. They tend to lean too heavily on gun books, which don't keep up with the times.

Over the past few years, I've seen a number of mismarked guns there; a Swedish M96 marked as Swiss, a Polish M44 marked as Russian; a Swiss 1896 marked as a K31.

2 years ago, I bought a barely used GSG-5 for way below what I would have had to pay anywhere else. It's now my most popular shooter.

3 years ago, I got an immaculate SKS M from them for $250. When I bought it, one of the guys commented "We used to sell these for $99. Can't believe they go for $250 today."

It works both ways, of course. There are some that are just way overpriced. Most recent example is an M44 they have now. $295. Just almost double what it's worth, although it is a good one.

And, just as an aside, I think the best deals are always made when you go into a shop not looking for anything in particular. The eye is more likely to spot the deal if you're scanning for nothing in particular. That's especially true at gun shows.

Don't you just love it when I preach.

Latest posts

Top Bottom