CZ RAMI or CZ P-01?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Kahr CW45 I will be selling soon. I was considering a small Sig, but the funds just aren't there at the present time.

I LOVE the CZ SP-01, but it's a bit large and heavy for CC. I'm thinking the CZ RAMI would fit the bill.

I was wondering how you guys think the RAMI compares to the CZ P-01 as a main CCW. Would the alloy P-01 make a decent CCW? Does anyone out there own either and use either as their primary CC weapon?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Kahr CW45 I will be selling soon. I was considering a small Sig, but the funds just aren't there at the present time.

I LOVE the CZ SP-01, but it's a bit large and heavy for CC. I'm thinking the CZ RAMI would fit the bill.

I was wondering how you guys think the RAMI compares to the CZ P-01 as a main CCW. Would the alloy P-01 make a decent CCW? Does anyone out there own either and use either as their primary CC weapon?

I would not carry a P-01. I own one and its a great gun - I'd put it up against my sigs for reliability any day. It does however have what I love in a Sig full-size custom gun (a giant beaver tail). That is not, however, conducive to carry. It jabs me almost through my love-handle into my kidney when carrying IWB.

The rubber grips that come with it feel great, but tend to grab under-shirts and pull them out of being tucked - and then I get that rubber-grip pulling my skin off and/or the sharp beaver-tail trying to stab me with no under-shirt there. I've got some wood grips for mine now and its not as bad, but the beaver-tail must have been designed as a weapon or something - that things got a homing beacon on my spleen and tries to find it no matter what position I'm in as long as its IWB.

Its a great gun for winter carry possibly OWB (depending on your body-type) or just for having a semi-compact gun around (and its a CZ with a rail - which is nice), but stick with the Rami if you're going to carry something - Hub might jump in here because he's got a Rami, but comparatively speaking, his Rami is super compact and very carry-friendly compared to the P-01.

One plus with the P-01 is that I can use my CZ Kadet kit with it (and if you get the P-01 with the 10rd mags, you can swap the mag-bases off of it onto the Kadet mags and it actually makes for flush Kadet mags in the P-01 instead of the mags sticking out (since the kadet kit is made for the full sized 75).

Rami has a safety, so you can carry it locked/cocked where as the P-01 is a decocker-only gun - a lot of folks don't like that and would rather have a single-action trigger every time (I don't mind D/A and S/A follow-up shots).

The P-01 is a great gun (super-accurate), but I just don't carry mine much at all anymore.

helmethead

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
**** I'm reviving this 3 month old thread to post that I got myself a RAMI today ! Wont believe this, but I found it like new in the box with papers and everything for $435!

[Broken External Image]

I sold my Glock 26 for it, and yes I got the alloy version as pictured; NOT the Polymer... sorry, but I just dont enjoy shooting with plastic. I played with it a little with the snap caps, cant wait to take it out to the range

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
**** I'm reviving this 3 month old thread to post that I got myself a RAMI today ! Wont believe this, but I found it like new in the box with papers and everything for $435!

[Broken External Image]

I sold my Glock 26 for it, and yes I got the alloy version as pictured; NOT the Polymer... sorry, but I just dont enjoy shooting with plastic. I played with it a little with the snap caps, cant wait to take it out to the range

Very nice. Did you get it at a local shop?

I have to point out that I posted the above a while back and have since done a complete 180 and am carrying my P-01 daily (when I don't want to get my Sig 228R dirty :D).

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
very nice. WHEN I get one, I'll be getting the alloy version too. I don't like the plastic rami.

I don't either (although I don't know why). Its not like I have anything against plastic guns (but it is weird that I've sold all of them except for my Walther P22), but the Rami should be alloy.

Maybe its because of CZ's sordid past with Plastic guns - I still want to try out the P-07, but I'm hesitant (and the early recall isn't reassuring).

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rami has a safety, so you can carry it locked/cocked where as the P-01 is a decocker-only gun - a lot of folks don't like that and would rather have a single-action trigger every time (I don't mind D/A and S/A follow-up shots).

Incidentally, they now offer a 2075 "D" (decocker) RAMI. My only gripe with them is that once you put on the mag extenders for a decent grip, it looks a lot bigger than it should be for a subcompact.

Latest posts

Top Bottom