Dad-isms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad is a very wise man and knew that if he told my brother and me NOT to do something, we would do it anyway because we were much smarter than he. When he'd get wind of things we were about to do he'd simply say... "I really don't think that's a good idea and if you go to jail, don't call me. If you get hurt, call me and I'll come to the hospital."

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When he was treating one of us instead of sending us to "the real doctor" -- while your ass was sitting on a freezing cold stainless steel surgical table -- "just think how bad you'd feel if I wasn't "fill in the blank for whatever PITA treatment he was doing" ...

I still amaze doctors because when they have to take swabs of my throat I don't gag no matter how much they dig around. And I can stop vomiting on command. Lol My dad was BRUTAL if you fidgeted, flinched, puked on "his" floor, or complained.

Oh ... And "I hate to be the one to break it to you but you ain't ****. If you want something, bust your ass. If it doesn't work out, get up, pick the gravel outta your ass and try again. If you don't quit you haven't failed."

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't never did a damn thing

Use your head for something other than a hat rack

If I knew you would be this way I would've rolled off and shot you out the window

Edited to add: There's more than one way to skin a cat

Last edited:

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They couldn't pour piss out of a boot with the instructions printed on the heel..
Kids ought to be born 18 so the 1st time they give ya sh** you can kick'em out..
You run away, I'm breaking your dinner plate..
The one that served me best was, all women are created equal and the hottest ones are the neglected ones because most men are scared to talk to them..

Latest posts

Top Bottom