Daimondback & Kel-Tec

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lstdonsldr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen the DB's around and have thought they looked like fairly nice guns very similar to the KT. After doing some quick research the Diamondback Factory is a half mile south of the Kel-Tec Factory. I've searched around on here and I saw one person said they had heard a few guys had left KT and started their own company...anyone have any insight?

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking for a backup/light carry pistol (or revolver) and the Diamondback hit my radar screen. Here is a review that was posted here. Pretty solid review.

http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77256&highlight=diamondback+380+pistol+review

The Diamondback (and Taurus TCP) have potential. Once I am confident that they will perform "as advertised" I will get one (or both).

Wizard had good luck with the Taurus slim and for ammo cost and availability as well as performance i would look at it personally.

Batman47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Google Diamondback pistol reviews. Not one person has given them a good review and most of the owners have sent the guns back to the factory for repairs several times.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
My PF-9 has been reliable, although I've only put 100+ rounds through it so far. Not incredibly accurate, but I'm used to the Glock 19 / Sig 228 by way of comparison.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Google Diamondback pistol reviews. Not one person has given them a good review and most of the owners have sent the guns back to the factory for repairs several times.

thats not exactly accurate....

The first review I found was positive.
http://www.gunblast.com/Diamondback380.htm

here I'll give a positive review also. I have one, have only put a few hundred rounds through it to date but its been flawless with good ammo*

it seems to have major problems feeding the Hornady Critical defense rounds, but anything I've put through it with a more rounded bullet profile feeds perfectly.

Here's my post about the hornady crap
http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1024164&postcount=19

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hate to hear that about the Hornady ammo.

I've got no experieince with the little Diamondback.
I have handled one.
Seem to to a decent little mouse gun.

My only concern would be the cost.
There's a couple other dependable options for less.

Latest posts

Top Bottom