damaged reload disposal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phadrian

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used my kinetic bullet puller so much over the years the aluminum chuck finally gave up the ghost this past year, fortunately new parts were had for 8 bucks. Make sure when you buy one you can either get a new chuck (RCBS) or it comes with extras. Then there is ease of use. I have never used a Quinetics bullet puller but it looks much faster than my rcbs

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used my kinetic bullet puller so much over the years the aluminum chuck finally gave up the ghost this past year, fortunately new parts were had for 8 bucks. Make sure when you buy one you can either get a new chuck (RCBS) or it comes with extras. Then there is ease of use. I have never used a Quinetics bullet puller but it looks much faster than my rcbs

I think I remember using an appropriate sized shell holder in mine more than once.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read on another forum where there have been times that using a shellholder in a bullet puller some how hit the primer and caused a KaBoom in the puller.

Speculation on how it happened was maybe a loose fitting primer pocket that let the primer stick out while hitting the puller several times and the loose fitting shell holder let it hit against the holder enough to go bang.

I think it was on shootersforum.com.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best bet is a kinetic bullet puller. Is there an echo in here?

If you don't mind trashing the bullets, you can remove the die from the press, put the damaged cartridge in the shellholder, raise it up until the bullet pokes through the hole in the press where the die should go, grab the exposed bullet with a pair of pliers (locking pliers work best), then lower the cartridge. You should put something between the pliers and the press to keep from marring the finish on the press.

The pliers will damage the bullet to the point where you probably won't be able to use it again.

Yep, been there, done that. It works.

Latest posts

Top Bottom