Dang, My favorite sandwich bread is off the market!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
stay tuned. Im on a mission

Kk ...

BB, Does the 10 minutes apply if you are using one of those bread dough thingies with a kitchen aide mixer? Yea I'm too lazy to do it by hand...

Yep ...

And when you are forming the loaf, roll the dough out into a rectangle shape, slightly longer than your loaf pan. Then roll it up along the long edge, pinch along the seams and tuck the ends under.

Oh, you're gonna get all fancy on us ... LOL

I just cut the dough ball in half with a big serrated knife, then do the 1/4 turn and tuck thing and drop the two pieces in loaf pans.

BTW guys, I use the recipe for EVERYTHING now ... I've made rolls with it (just break off pieces a bit smaller than a golf ball and use a muffin tin, or you can line them up in a pan almost touching) ... I've made cinammon rolls (roll out into a rectangle with a roller, spinkle cinammon/sugar mixture and pecans, drop a few bits of butter here and there, roll up like a jelly roll. Use a serrated knife to cut into 1 inch rolls, place in greased pan almost touching, let rise and bake. Icing is just cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk ...

It's one of those basic recipes where your imagination is the limit.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW guys, I use the recipe for EVERYTHING now ... I've made rolls with it (just break off pieces a bit smaller than a golf ball and use a muffin tin, or you can line them up in a pan almost touching) ... I've made cinammon rolls (roll out into a rectangle with a roller, spinkle cinammon/sugar mixture and pecans, drop a few bits of butter here and there, roll up like a jelly roll. Use a serrated knife to cut into 1 inch rolls, place in greased pan almost touching, let rise and bake. Icing is just cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk ...

Dental floss works great at slicing up your cinnamon rolls...

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
success!

I made one in the pie pan so I can make a big hamburger for my kids.

i40.photobucket.com_albums_e242_tntrex_bbbread.jpg

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nicely done, tntrex!! :D

Now tell me ... Is that not the best bread you have ever eaten in your life?!!?! And was it not so easy to make that it was downright sinful?!?!?!? Why folks eat store-bought bread is beyond me ...

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just went to Walmart and noticed they no longer have Home Pride split top wheat bread. Another casualty of the Hostess collapse. Now I've got to find another good tasting brand that doesn't cost too much. I wonder just how many more products there are that I liked but didn't know Hostess made?
Might have to switch to salads

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I heard Hostess was going under I was like eh, I like Dolly Madison and Homepride best anyway. Well much to my shock Hostess owned them both!!! :yikes2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom