Daughter's Bad Experience at H&H: Part II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to start a new thread for those who may be interested in how this worked out because apparently, the "Fat Larry" thing got to carried too far; I'm the one who started it anyway, because I was pissed off at the way this went down and well, quite frankly, because he is quite fat. Whatever, I'll refrain from using the term "Fat Larry" here in part II.

My daughter did not receive a call from Mr. Miles Hall or from the manager; but she got a call from Will. Will is a nice guy who woks at H&H. I don't own the business, but if I did, I think I would have handled it personally if I was made aware of it rather than letting it slide down the chain.

In acknowledgement, Will did apologize to her for Larry's rude, unprofessional behavior on the range during the shooting portion of the SDA Class, and acknowledged the fact that another employee that was there that night also observed and apologized to her for the behavior of this person Larry and told her it wasn't the first complaint he'd heard of. He also told her that Larry was going to maybe retire before too much longer.

She is a new shooter who, along with the others in her class, many if not most of whom work with her, are in the market for guns, ammo, and accessories. H&H didn't handle this very well IMO, nor in the opinion of my daughter, and as a result, may have lost some business due to the unprofessional, rude behavior by this one person, Larry. The degree of his fatness is of no real concern here, just the way in which he treated her, his words and actions, and the subsequent level of (lack of?) follow up by the powers that be there at H&H. I shouldn't care how fat he really is after all. Fat lives matter.

IMO, one "aww ****" moment can do much more harm to a business than a hundred "atta boys" can do to help it. My daughter told me she doesn't want to go back to H&H now because Larry embarrassed her in front of her co-workers and friends. Guess we'll go down to Big Boys in Mustang later on this afternoon to go shopping.

Last edited:

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to start a new thread for those who may be interested in how this worked out because apparently, the "Fat Larry" thing got to carried too far; I'm the one who started it anyway, because I was pissed off at the way this went down and well, quite frankly, because he is quite fat. Whatever, I'll refrain from using the term "Fat Larry" here part II.

My daughter did not receive a call from Mr. Miles Hall or from the manager; but she got a call from Will. Will is a nice guy who woks at H&H. I don't own the business, but if I did, I think I would have handled it personally if I was made aware of it rather than letting it slide down the chain.

In acknowledgement, Will did apologize to her for Larry's rude, unprofessional behavior on the range during the shooting portion of the SDA Class, and acknowledged the fact that another employee that was there that night also observed and apologized to her for the behavior of this person Larry and told her it wasn't the first complaint he'd heard of. He also told her that Larry was going to maybe retire before too much longer.

She is a new shooter who, along with the others in her class, many if not most of whom work with her, are in the market for guns, ammo, and accessories. H&H didn't handle this very well IMO, nor in the opinion of my daughter, and as a result, may have lost some business due to the unprofessional, rude behavior by this one person, Larry. The degree of his fatness is of no real concern here, just the way in which he treated her, his words and actions, and the subsequent level of (lack of?) follow up by the powers that be there at H&H. I shouldn't care how fat he really is after all. Fat lives matter.

IMO, one "aww ****" moment can do much more harm to a business than a hundred "atta boys" can do to help it. My daughter told me she doesn't want to go back to H&H now because Larry embarrassed her in front of her co-workers and friends. Guess we'll go down to Big Boys in Mustang later on this afternoon to go shopping.
Sounds like a way to go out of business not grow one.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IF it's the same Will I'm thinking of, he was good people. That being said, Larry should've had the integrity to call and apologize himself.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the new owner has OK'd the use of "Fat Larry"?

Glad at least somebody stepped up, but we all know Big Boys to be a much nicer range any way. Good on you guys to go do business there.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recall Will as a very good guy. Enjoyed his course and his personality.

But whenever a business receives a complaint they should assume that there are nine others who received similar treatment and did not complain. Hopefully they are taking steps to correct the situation and actively monitoring how people are being treated to insure no repeat performances of this sort.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. Will is a good guy, not disputing that at all. Will is a very pleasant, knowledgeable, and well liked guy there. I respect him and his stuff. And GMT; yep, you speak true stuff; the rude dude should have been the one to make the call. If nobody in a real position of authority is gonna take the time to call, why not ask the offending party to fess up and make things right? Sure would have been a positive customer service thing if that had happened. This BS could have been easily taken care of with something like: "Hey, I wanted to call to apologize; I had a bad day or something and I'm sorry I acted like a jerk. Please come in and let me give you a token for a free range pass or a coke or something. Maybe we could go have a couple of double cheeseburgers and a large fries even"?

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quit going to H&H a long time ago. There were 1 or 2 good employees but the general attitude was that if you asked anyone for help it was an annoyance and an inconvenience. The range needs a major overhaul and there was never a range officer on the range. Add their high prices into the equation, and I couldn't find any reason to ever go back again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom