1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Decent Quality Plate Carrier Recommendation?

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by zghorner, Jun 2, 2018.

1. zghorner

zghorner Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    thank you for exposing my real deal prepper denial. I need the boolit defeating plates, I need them...

Gunbuffer likes this.
  2. Snake

Snake Sharpshooter

Or you can go all redneck and when you get your plates coat them with Rhino-Liner truck bed coating. Supposedley prevents spall....

3. zghorner

zghorner Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Most companies I see will coat their plates for an extra fee with basically bed liner like you suggested. I'm not going to worry about it though. I also think I am going to stick with basic level III plates as they are much cheaper than III+. It would be he a different story If I was in law enforcement or something that would elevate my chances of needing the extra protection.

Like usual when I start to research something I instantly want "the best" or at least darn good and have to check myself with the reality of what I will be using this for.

4. FOG

FOG Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I bought a PC and level 3 plates (sides too) for $250 at Wanemachers two years ago. United Armory was the maker, think they're from Arizona? I use mine almost weekly for running, agility drills, pull ups, etc. Its held up fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

zghorner likes this.
  5. rc508pir

rc508pir Sharpshooter

Supporter
    I few hundred bucks is a **** load to spend for just getting a work out when you can buy weight belts and weight vests

As for carriers, I used a Condor for 2 years Iraq and Afghan. They hold up WELL, and cost little compared to others

zghorner and Snake like this.
  6. killerpigeon

killerpigeon Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have condor xl plate carrier with ar500 plates. I need to purchase side panels, but here it is, almost complete. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

zghorner likes this.
  7. zghorner

zghorner Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    ebay gave me a 20% off coupon for today only so I went ahead and ordered the Spartan set off there. Tough to beat $168 shipped for carrier, front rear and side plates.

That's true man...I really just wanted a plate carrier and used fitness as an excuse to buy one. F it.

rc508pir likes this.
  8. Parks 788

Parks 788 Sharpshooter

These guys make great products and I assume their plate carriers are every bit as good as their loadout bags my buddies have. Not sure I'd spend this kind of money to only workout in, though.
    http://lbtinc.com/vhc/pc