Deer Activity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NE Oklahoma.

Slow. Much slower than early season last year. I managed to let the air out of a doe this morning, but she is the only thing I've had in range besides a lone fawn in 8 sits on stand.

It will only get better from here on out. I think some rain would help me some, creeks are dry and they are sticking close to water so as not to travel much in this heat. That's my uneducated guess anyways.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of what I figured, too early for this kind of behavior. I'm not sure what his deal was, I guess he was just feeling amorous. Sumbitch haunted my dreams last night, I can tell you that much. I hope he keeps up his careless pattern, I'm gonna stick an arrow or a bullet through his lungs if he does.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still seeing small bucks, but at MCAAP this weekend a couple of other hunters reported two bucks sparring. I didn't figure it was rut activity, just a couple of the "boys" pushing each other around.
One thing that the white hats reported on their drives around, was that the bucks were moving around 1400hrs in the day.
I've never put much stock in the moon phases, but according to them, the moon phase put highest activity at about that time this weekend.
Maybe there is something to it?

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have been seeing bucks venture out around 8am in the morning and at 715pm. they are ALL running in groups still. i have 3-1/2 year old running with 1-1/2 & 2-1/2 year old. I have seen some does mid day on the camera.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where does one read up on that moon phase theory, equating it to daytime movement times? I'll try anything once.

They used to keep a calender of the moon phases in Outdoor life magazine in every issue.

Google: moon phases for hunting
There is a wealth of info there including iphone apps for the moon phase.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hunted ft sill this am. Does were in my honey hole, but busted me when i almost busted my butt climbing over a downes tree from the ice storm. I think i heard on snicker as she pranced away.

I did notice them eating berries. The plant looks rhubarb colored but with deep blue colored berries. I finally found one that wasnt all eaten up. Anyone know what that is. Maybe that is why this area has been so productive for me the past few years

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hunted ft sill this am. Does were in my honey hole, but busted me when i almost busted my butt climbing over a downes tree from the ice storm. I think i heard on snicker as she pranced away.

I did notice them eating berries. The plant looks rhubarb colored but with deep blue colored berries. I finally found one that wasnt all eaten up. Anyone know what that is. Maybe that is why this area has been so productive for me the past few years

Take a pic if you can the next time your out. I think I've see that plant before but would like to see it before any possible ID.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Poke berry poke berry pic

Latest posts

Top Bottom