Deer Dreams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been having more and more deer dreams lately. Probably, about one a week, maybe more sometimes.

Last night (this morning) I was setup in a ground blind just off the corner of a field that is ~ 75yds wide and I was thinking about the current thread about long shots. Looking through my scope at tree about 600 yards away I thought I’d shoot the tree and see how close I'd hit to where I was aiming with my trusty BAR .270. Just on cue, before I shot the tree, a shooter buck (at least 10 pts) trots across the field at about 200 yds. I'm trying to get my crosshairs on him, but he isn't slowing down to look, smell or eat. I'm using a grunt, I'm trying to yell, but can’t yell - where did my voice go? The 10 ptr is almost to the other side of the field and he is finally slowing down a bit. Crosshairs on the vitals, finger on the trigger. When all the sudden a BIGGER buck with more head gear with kickers and all, almost runs me over and is trotting diagonally across the field towards the other deer. This dude is not going to get away. He is going directly away from me, so I put the crosshair on the back of his neck. At 60 or 75 yds he slows and even quarters for me. Again, crosshairs on the vitals, finger on the trigger. I'm not nervous, but I do have a little urgency. I pull the trigger and NOTHING happens! I pull it again. My brain is screaming, "Why aren't bullets flying out of my gun at ~ 2,000 fps?" I back my eye away from the scope and my alarm goes off to wake me up. :scream: ARRGHHHHH!!! I had that BIG BOY. He was going to be mine. What might have been in dreamland :violin: I’ll try again tonight.

Dreaming Man

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I forgot till now that the last thing I saw on TV last night was South Park where they were spoofing the Summer movie "Inception". They were talking about dreams inside of dreams inside of dreams.

*** SPOILER *** It was revealed that the reason that Mr. Mackey is so "stange" is that he was molested by Woodsie Owl when Mackey was a kid.

Nothing is holy or untouchable on that show. :

Latest posts

Top Bottom