Deer Lease Value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hunting lease---just throwing this out there. A few years ago I decided to buy a little land. Probably cost me less than a car payment. I bought some fairly crappy land (80 acres) that was not good for hardly anything but *hunting*. Large creek that may flood nearly 75% of it at times. But its a 'critter highway'. Besides hunting I was wanting a 'hide out' if the SHTF ever (built a small cabin). Myself, son, and son-in-law have taken probably 7-8 deer out of it thru the past 3-4 years and have not even touched the population. Turkey and hog are there as well. Have my own private 100yd shooting range set up.....not fancy but it works. You might look into something like that. The problem is there is a lot of 'Chinese land buying' in our state right now, which may drive up the prices. This will be a family heirloom in my opinion. Kids don't want the home I've lived in for 35 years nor any of my 'stuff'. But I think my sons, grandsons, granddaughters will appreciate this for many years after I'm gone.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hunting lease---just throwing this out there. A few years ago I decided to buy a little land. Probably cost me less than a car payment. I bought some fairly crappy land (80 acres) that was not good for hardly anything but *hunting*. Large creek that may flood nearly 75% of it at times. But its a 'critter highway'. Besides hunting I was wanting a 'hide out' if the SHTF ever (built a small cabin). Myself, son, and son-in-law have taken probably 7-8 deer out of it thru the past 3-4 years and have not even touched the population. Turkey and hog are there as well. Have my own private 100yd shooting range set up.....not fancy but it works. You might look into something like that. The problem is there is a lot of 'Chinese land buying' in our state right now, which may drive up the prices. This will be a family heirloom in my opinion. Kids don't want the home I've lived in for 35 years nor any of my 'stuff'. But I think my sons, grandsons, granddaughters will appreciate this for many years after I'm gone.
Amen land is a hard thing to come by for some. enjoy it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good move!
If you want to make sure it’s passed down to family put it in an irrevocable trust with stipulations that it can’t be used as collateral to secure a loan or anything like that.
Put enough money in a separate account to pay the taxes on the land for many years so the sheriff doesn’t sell it for delinquent taxes.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good move!
If you want to make sure it’s passed down to family put it in an irrevocable trust with stipulations that it can’t be used as collateral to secure a loan or anything like that.
Put enough money in a separate account to pay the taxes on the land for many years so the sheriff doesn’t sell it for delinquent taxes.
Yes. I did put it in a trust along with my home. My son and wife are co-trustees. The taxes are only about $60/year. LOL. If they can't come up with that they deserve to lose it !!!

Speaking of trusts.....when I purchased my silencer I got one of those NFA trusts for it. With my son and wife again as co-trustees. I have since put ALL my firearms in that trust so when I go.....everything still belongs to them and avoids a lot of paperwork, etc.

Wannabe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out-of-State hell, residents are getting the same screwing!

Buy a hunting license $25, but you have to buy

deer archery $20
deer muzzle loader antlered $20
deer muzzle loader antlerless $20
deer gun antlered $20
deer gun antlerless $20
deer holiday $20
deer youth archery $10
deer youth muzzle loader antlered $10
deer youth muzzle loader antlerless $10
deer youth gun antlered $10
deer youth gun antlerless $10
deer youth holiday antlerless $10
turkey $10
turkey youth $10
waterfowl $10
furbearer $10
elk $51
bear $101
antelope $51
rattlesnake $5
sandhill crane $3
trapping $10

and then to add insult, HIP $3

$399 for a resident; what a bargain
Lifetime is 775.00 that is paid for in 2 seasons at your total. No brainer. Have mine finally and will never look back!

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lifetime is 775.00 that is paid for in 2 seasons at your total. No brainer. Have mine finally and will never look back!
No brainer, depending on age. I am 65.
Sounds great for 20, 30 year old; until you get transferred out-of-state.

Can be a great thing, for some people, but necessarily the end all to end all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom