Deer Season 2018 Pics/Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took the girls out this morning. My 15 year old knew exactly what stand she wanted to go to. Problem was, I didn’t realize how much it rained overnight. The creek was up to a point where she couldn’t cross, so she went to an alternate stand...where she only saw a spike.

From the stand I took the 12 year old to, we could see the field in front of the aforementioned stand. Yep. 7:30am. Two of the shooters on our hit list stroll within 100 yds of the stand the 15 year old couldn’t get to, and we were 650 yds away.

My 12 year old and I ended up seeing 13 slick heads, 2 spikes, and those 2 shooters on the south end of the property.

No one spooked any deer today, so we will be back this evening and hopefully catch those big guys when they get up from their beds.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there anyone near Piedmont with a deer dog? My 12 year old put the smack on a big buck but we can’t find it. He kicked like a mule, went down, jumped up, then jumped a fence. Figured he’d be right there but he is not.
Check the Oklahoma Deer Recovery facebook group. They have a list of tracking dogs and locations. Good luck!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tracked one for many hours and a few miles and I kid you not it went through small holes through briars etc like a rabbit and did not open the path any larger than a rabbit. I was on my hands and knees tracking it.
I followed blood until 11:30 at night and it was hit about 5:30 pm.
Buddy hit it low and it crossed many fences.
Hope you find yours.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check the Oklahoma Deer Recovery facebook group. They have a list of tracking dogs and locations. Good luck!

Thanks! I just got in from searching. Found her doe, which she shot after the buck. 300 BLK, 125 gr Nosler through the heart and the doe still ran 80 yds and ended up in the flooded creek.

Found blood from the buck and trailed him until he crossed the creek. Going back in the morning to keep searching.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks! I just got in from searching. Found her doe, which she shot after the buck. 300 BLK, 125 gr Nosler through the heart and the doe still ran 80 yds and ended up in the flooded creek.

Found blood from the buck and trailed him until he crossed the creek. Going back in the morning to keep searching.

Best of luck undeg!

Latest posts

Top Bottom