Deer Season 2018 Pics/Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2018 youth season. My son is eight and has spent many trips hunting with me as he grew up. Got him an apprentice tag this year and he made a perfect shot. Couldn’t be more proud of him, this is his first every deer that he harvested. View attachment 126234
Started him off right! Way to go Dad! Pass on the congrats!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2018 youth season. My son is eight and has spent many trips hunting with me as he grew up. Got him an apprentice tag this year and he made a perfect shot. Couldn’t be more proud of him, this is his first every deer that he harvested. View attachment 126234
He's going to have a hard time beating that monster as he gets older. Congrats Dad!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone seeing more bucks and during the daylight? Pulled the cards today and I am seeing a few more bucks, but no shooters yet. How’s the activity for you guys?
In the last two days, I'm seeing more activity of bucks in the daylight. Mostly young bucks.
Had two bucks, a young 11 point and an 8 point come to the food plot together and then leave. Then some does came to the food plot to eat. The two bucks came back and the does bolted. The 8 point went with the does, and the 11 point stayed on the food plot.
Yesterday, had a doe walk 1/4 mile across our wheat field by herself, going into the pasture. Then about 10 minutes later, a nice but young 10 point trotted across the field and pestered her. She didn't want anything to do with him and he left.
Rut is close. Probably a week to 10 days to the peak in my area.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Finally had some daytime pics just yesterday. A couple of forkys hung around from 1130-130. Other than that it’s been mostly at night. One shooter keeps getting closer to shooting light though. I’m hoping he forgets to set his watch back Sunday!

Latest posts

Top Bottom