Deer Season 2018 Pics/Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m seeing a few bucks in the daylight, but most movement is still at night right now.

I agree the rut is close. I’ve already had one buck on camera with what looks like a fighting wound on his shoulder, and his tarsal glands looked like he’d been peeing on them.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This young man killed this cull here on the ranch this morning.
IMG_3219.JPG

IMG_3220.JPG

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice deer, was that knob on the left side a drop tine at one time?
I personally couldn't tell you. I do know the young fellas dad has been after this deer for a few weeks. Father and son were in separate stands this morning when son started texting he had a small buck in feed pen with a 10pt coming. I guess about 30mins of texting passed back and forth and the son wasn't sure he was looking at a shooter. The father asked for more description and the son mentioned that "knob" coming out the bottom. Dad said he told the son "KILL HIM! I know that deer and he'll be one of the biggest killed here in a few years!" Welp, one dead deer.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I personally couldn't tell you. I do know the young fellas dad has been after this deer for a few weeks. Father and son were in separate stands this morning when son started texting he had a small buck in feed pen with a 10pt coming. I guess about 30mins of texting passed back and forth and the son wasn't sure he was looking at a shooter. The father asked for more description and the son mentioned that "knob" coming out the bottom. Dad said he told the son "KILL HIM! I know that deer and he'll be one of the biggest killed here in a few years!" Welp, one dead deer.

Very nice!

Latest posts

Top Bottom