delayed background check

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do everytime ?
I understand it that anytime there is any government paper trail attached to your name it will get you delayed... Tickets, Proffesional licenses, my certification to teach Carry classes or anything like that it will cause you to get delayed ??

There are many reasons, but what I tell people is lets make sure we have everything covered, fill out the form correctly and put the SS#, then we know we have done every thing on our end we can. If it happens a lot,
a person should take that extra step to get a UPIN number. It is a pain in the butt, but at least after you get it you stop having the problem.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are many reasons, but what I tell people is lets make sure we have everything covered, fill out the form correctly and put the SS#, then we know we have done every thing on our end we can. If it happens a lot,
a person should take that extra step to get a UPIN number. It is a pain in the butt, but at least after you get it you stop having the problem.

My brother Stephen Cue got a delay with his upin. I about fell down from laughing so much. I have never been delayed.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My brother Stephen Cue got a delay with his upin. I about fell down from laughing so much. I have never been delayed.

Wow, I have never seen anyone with a UPIN number get delayed. But I guess anything is possable. Sorry to hear that.

Technically it wasnt me, I blame Keelty for pissing off the NICS operator :D.

Seriously though it was only for a few minutes. I called the NICS customer service to ask them WTF!!! I HAVE A GD NICS UPIN!!!!

The operator apologized and said to call them now becuase they had a massive glitch right when Keelty called in.

Other than that I have never had a delay since I got my UPIN. Trust me they are worth it. Anytime I gamble and try not to use it.... delay.

A couple of times when buying I informed the sellers about my UPIN but since they never dealt with anyone with a UPIN before they forgot to let the NICS operator know I had one.....delayed. When I said to them "You forgot to tell them my UPIN right? They immediatley called back and got proceed.

UPIN is definitely worth getting.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Technically it wasnt me, I blame Keelty for pissing off the NICS operator :D.

Seriously though it was only for a few minutes. I called the NICS customer service to ask them WTF!!! I HAVE A GD NICS UPIN!!!!

The operator apologized and said to call them now becuase they had a massive glitch right when Keelty called in.

Other than that I have never had a delay since I got my UPIN. Trust me they are worth it. Anytime I gamble and try not to use it.... delay.

A couple of times when buying I informed the sellers about my UPIN but since they never dealt with anyone with a UPIN before they forgot to let the NICS operator know I had one.....delayed. When I said to them "You forgot to tell them my UPIN right? They immediatley called back and got proceed.

UPIN is definitely worth getting.

That explains a lot. Computer problems is a way of life everywhere, and I am surprised there are not more with as much stress that is put on their system because of the high volume of use.

So........how do I obtain a UPIN?

Call up the Oklahoma FBI, tell them you want one, and they will send you a kit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom